2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it’s not I answered that 24 minutes ago !
Ah, missed that

"Recovery speed,(allows us to play the high line) tenacity, leadership ,the will to win, consistency , one on one duals"

Recovery Speed - don't you think he is losing that?
Tenacity - Can't see that myself - any examples?
Leadership - certainly none evident on the playing field and I doubt you know for sure what leadership he shows in the dressing room - so any any examples
Will to win - I would expect that from any professional sportsman, else theyre in the wrong job
Consistency - certainly not this season, and was left out a lot of last, so not sure where you are seeing that
One on one duals - not any more

I'm not having a go at you, but interested in why some see things so different to others

Last edited:
I will bring in whatever I want it’s totally relevant
Anyway your wisdom has won the day you’re absolutely right he’s shit
Have a good weekend
Maybe pick another player to slate next week
See you at Brentford Bournemouth and Luton if you make it and we can discuss over a beer aren’t one of these subscriber fans
It's obvious from your reaction you're the sentimentalist/romanticizing type of supporter and I've struck a nerve regarding your view of football as sport. I'll refrain from exchanging my pragmatic opinions with you going forward...

His head seems all over the place in recent weeks, of course no coincidence with the off the field stuff. Its getting tiring seeing him make the same mistakes that seemingly everyone sees other than Pep.

We dont exactly have an abundance of RBs but we need to take him out the team for a couple weeks I think.

He just had to hold his position and show Sterling on his weaker left foot instead of rushing in and ending up on his arse. And not for the first time this season

View attachment 107426
Did the exact same against Newcastle for 2 of their goals.

It just shows how limited his footballing brain is as a defender, as I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge to show the attacker onto his weaker foot, especially if that means pushing him away from goal.

You watch the replay and Sterling is in no man's land if he keeps him on his left foot, but he has to be prepared for Sterling to try and cut back inside.

Comical defending from him, and that's all after his shocking positioning for the original pass from Jackson.

He just had to hold his position and show Sterling on his weaker left foot instead of rushing in and ending up on his arse. And not for the first time this season
Because he’s not a good defender, nor very smart.

He’s been a fabulous servant to the club,
made huge impact going forward and his pace saved the team countless times over the years but now that he’s being asked to genuinely defend rather than rely on being able to outrun people he is being exposed badly unfortunately.

Maybe when Walker has an outstanding game , you can come on here then give the benefit of your hindsight after the event.

I can’t give you the benefit of my foresight, can I, unless you want me to catalogue the usual mistakes he makes…

- Backing into players and undercutting them instead of jumping

- Giving them a running start down the wing and not addressing them 40 yards from goal, but jockeying them until they get in the box and he can’t tackle them

- Oh wait, he rarely tackles them anyway, so why worry

- Bombing on an overlap (good) but when he doesn’t receive the ball, not recovering into a more defensive position (bad)

- Making poor decisions on his positioning, as he did numerous times against Chelsea

- Running through the midfield when a simple pass is on

- New Wrinkle: Shooting from over 25 yards with the game on the line. Had a good shot in one recent game and now he’s Roberto Carlos!

- New Wrinkle: Shooting from over 25 yards with the game on the line. Had a good shot in one recent game and now he’s Roberto Carlos!

Ironically, the one he had yesterday was the closest he’s come to actually scoring this season. Although that’s admittedly not difficult.

Just, as you expect with Walker, it was just a dreadful decision to make considering it was the 92nd minute and they had a man down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.