2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better today. Back to defensive, fast basics and it showed. No fucking about trying too hard to make something happen in the final third.

yes a few mistakes but every player makes mistakes
I completely agree with you on this one. But I do think he gets excused more than other players and others players aren’t given the same luxury. I don’t think Gvardiol has been that much worse and people think he’s ruining the season. You can chalk that opinion up to Walkers historical contribution, but even Dias has been getting a lot of crap lately. Regardless, I still think he has a lot of value.

Pissed me off with the part he played in their opener but grew into the game and finished strongly.

I completely agree with you on this one. But I do think he gets excused more than other players and others players aren’t given the same luxury. I don’t think Gvardiol has been that much worse and people think he’s ruining the season. You can chalk that opinion up to Walkers historical contribution, but even Dias has been getting a lot of crap lately. Regardless, I still think he has a lot of value.
Gvardiol has been superior to Kyle Walker this season in every regard and is having a largely excellent 1st season. He hasn't even had a pre-season and recently turned 22. The fact this is even in question shows how much people look at Kyle through the lenses of his past accomplishments. Yes, pocketing Vini and Mbappe last season was fantastic, but it's in the past now, and we haven't seen that Kyle for a long time now. A lot of PL players sense his decline and target him. He is vulnerable 1 on 1 and cost us several goals this season. He used to rely on his pace to bail him out, but players aren't even afraid of trying their pace against him anymore. He is generally our worst player on the ball and gets caught out of position a lot as well. Worryingly, a lot of the time, he doesn't seem to be bothered chasing his man down. He had a few great games this season (and a couple of brilliant assists), followed by being our worst player quite a lot, and generally really a shadow of his former self for most of the season displaying subpar form. If you point it out, you are allegedly a hater, but shitting (not constructive criticism) on the likes of Nunes, Gvardiol, or Doku is totally acceptable. I would have Manu or Stonesy at RB all day long, every day, regardless of the opposition.

Last edited:
Gvardiol has been superior to Kyle Walker this season in every regard and is having a largely excellent 1st season. He hasn't even had a pre-season and recently turned 22. The fact this is even in question shows how much people look at Kyle through the lenses of his past accomplishments. Yes, pocketing Vini and Mbappe last season was fantastic, but it's in the past now, and we haven't seen that Kyle for a long time now. A lot of PL players sense his decline and target him. He is vulnerable 1 on 1 and cost us several goals this season. He used to rely on his pace to bail him out, but players aren't even afraid of trying their pace against him anymore. He is generally our worst player on the ball and gets caught out of position a lot as well. Worryingly, a lot of the time, he doesn't seem to be bothered chasing his man down. He had a few great games this season (and a couple of brilliant assists), followed by being our worst player quite a lot, and generally really a shadow of his former self for most of the season displaying subpar form. If you point it out, you are allegedly a hater, but shitting (not constructive criticism) on the likes of Nunes, Gvardiol, or Doku is totally acceptable.
Your kidding aren't you - lucky to be in the squad never mind the team though probably has a good future ahead of him. Rashford shit himself against Kyle last Sunday - even when he was no where near him - the thought of Kyle being there within seconds or even sooner pushed him over the edge and contributed to his numerous errors.

Your kidding aren't you - lucky to be in the squad never mind the team though probably has a good future ahead of him. Rashford shit himself against Kyle last Sunday - even when he was no where near him - the thought of Kyle being there within seconds or even sooner pushed him over the edge and contributed to his numerous errors.
TBF to Kyle anyone else touched fish finger in that situation he carries on in his head he is seeing this

Lucky to be in the squad? That would be Kyle Walker on this season's form.
Kyle had a good game, but not before ignoring Rashford and letting him score. Nowhere near him from start to finish. Just jogging around. Now, when it comes to Josko, this is exactly the sort of unjustified hate I was talking about. These are some of his more recent performances. If you look into the statistics for the whole season, he is still doing well.
1709720098105.png

Kyle had a good game, but not before ignoring Rashford and letting him score. Nowhere near him from start to finish. Just jogging around. Now, when it comes to Josko, this is exactly the sort of unjustified hate I was talking about. These are some of his more recent performances. If you look into the statistics for the whole season, he is still doing well.
View attachment 109287
Out of interest what is the source of the above ?

Out of interest what is the source of the above ?
View attachment 109287
when it come to premie league little in it 6.79 versus 6.78) - though Kyle ha splayed more and probably played in more of the harder games https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/167/Show/England-Manchester-City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.