2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We love to have a proper go at our own players on here. Fucking hell.
Not all here.

There's a group of football manager enthusiasts that signed up right after we signed Haaland (the second wave came with the signing of Gvardiol) and for some reason, these footballing experts all decided to pick Walker as the guy they want to see out the door, Bernardo and Doku being the next on the line. I have no regard for the opinions of those posters.

He will start for us against Chelsea, and be the main man in that position ALL SEASON, and I haven't got one single problem with that...
He was poor last season. Is only going to lose more pace and is a complete knobhead. Apart from that i love the lad

Whilst Walker was up for trading most of his medals for a Euro win, I can assure him that I'd have been happy to see him score the first hat trick of own goals in a Euros final last night if it could have magically reversed the FA cup final result.

Last time I looked, his actual employer was Manchester City and tarting about in an England shirt for vainglorious reasons and to increase his endorsement and continued earnings potential is something I give few to zero fucks about. I'm not naive enough to think that other footballers wouldn't think exactly the same but most of them would at least have the brains to keep it to themselves.

If he performs for us this season then great and I do hope he does exactly that, but if it turns out father time is catching up with him then I'll not have much sentiment towards him.

Unbelievable player in his time and unbelievable **** tbh. Hopefully the captaincy is passed on to someone else

Not all here.

There's a group of football manager enthusiasts that signed up right after we signed Haaland (the second wave came with the signing of Gvardiol) and for some reason, these footballing experts all decided to pick Walker as the guy they want to see out the door, Bernardo and Doku being the next on the line. I have no regard for the opinions of those posters.
Are these football manager people suppose to like Gvardiol and Haaland? Because people complain about them just as much. I joined a year ago and I’m convinced the only players people like are Ake and Akanji and KDB.

That said, I’m fine with Walker. But the only thing that I find odd is we seem to have no succession plan for him. We’re never linked with anyone on that side and people never seem to suggest eventual replacements. Talent aside, at his age it seems like you’d want to have someone in the wings.

Are these football manager people suppose to like Gvardiol and Haaland? Because people complain about them just as much. I joined a year ago and I’m convinced the only players people like are Ake and Akanji and KDB.

That said, I’m fine with Walker. But the only thing that I find odd is we seem to have no succession plan for him. We’re never linked with anyone on that side and people never seem to suggest eventual replacements. Talent aside, at his age it seems like you’d want to have someone in the wings.

There was a point in the treble season where we weren't playing a standard right back and it seemed Pep preferred Stones or Akanji in there, but Pep's tactics continually evolve. I can only assume that makes succession planning pretty difficult in some ways. We do tend to prefer players who can play a couple of positions, so maybe there are some more right-sided centrebacks, or wide midfielders, who could do the job.

i think the issue with Walker is, he is as thick as mince, i remember him slating City's crowds when he was at Spurs, after that i never really wanted him, but forgave him, and his performances by and large have been very good, but his ability is largely built around pace and the ability to get out of situations that slower players wouldn't, sadly i think his decision making is getting worse, and he is either sucked to the ball, or just out of position, and is getting punished more and more, if Saudi gave us some millions, i would pull their arms off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.