2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s having a good season for me but the problem we have is that we look worse as a team when we’re trying to accommodate him

I get why Pep pleaded for him to stay with Mahrez and Gundogan walking out of the club and I’m sure he must have promised him more starts but that’s leading to the mess we saw yesterday

Stones and Lewis had success stepping into midfield from a nominal defensive position, not starting in midfield

Alvarez isn’t a number 8

we need to start trusting Kovacic and Nunes more, although I doubt the formers fist pumping after palmers penalty has endeared him much to the group

Pep will eventually sort it, it’s just can he do it in time to reduce our title defence

I'm admittedly FAR more wrong than right with my takes, but some of you owe me an apology regarding it being insane giving him a deal until he's THIRTY-SEVEN. Pep had it 100% right benching him in the CL final, and I maintain he made it up to him by okaying the contract.

However, the fact that every season he's in the papers for doing something completely unprofessional made it even more baffling for me. Let alone when he was made CAPTAIN by his peers.
Lol

I'm admittedly FAR more wrong than right with my takes, but some of you owe me an apology regarding it being insane giving him a deal until he's THIRTY-SEVEN. Pep had it 100% right benching him in the CL final, and I maintain he made it up to him by okaying the contract.

However, the fact that every season he's in the papers for doing something completely unprofessional made it even more baffling for me. Let alone when he was made CAPTAIN by his peers.
Tbh he should have gone when he disrespected Covid rules because for someone who lost a parent to Covid in my eyes he’s done

Beyond the strong overlap and his covering speed, he is not good enough for this team.

He cost us an equalizer in the 90th minute against st Spurs and he flatters to deceive as a defender. He double dog dares a player to run past him, do they don’t…they just cross it!!

When defending headers, he always just undercuts the attacker with his big arse (which has cost us pens in the past) and is one of the least technically proficient players in the squad. He is also the most likely to be pressed hard when trying to get out from the back, because he constantly tries to be cleverer than he is.

I prefer Akanji over there in a 3 man defence, with Stones stepping forward from his RCB position to assist Rodri under normal circumstances.

I have a hard time seeing him playing for England ahead of Trippier, unless Southgate plays Trippier on the left!

Time is catching up with him and he’s one hamstring from possibly never playing for City again. That said, he doesn’t miss many through injury!!
Fuck me the state of it on here, throwing players under a bus who 6 months earlier completed the treble...fucking shameful

Too busy posing for foot races than defending and concentrating. Hopefully sorts himself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.