2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't get the criticism.

He's been bloody brilliant for us and continues to be so. A few mistakes here and there happens to every player.

Up there with the best right backs I've ever seen at the club.
I think the criticism is valid this season. He has been brilliant for us and unlike others I wasn’t against him getting a new deal. Some point to him losing a yard of pace but I don’t buy into that at all, he could lose 3 yards and still be the quickest RB in the Prem. What he has lost is his concentration and potentially his motivation, because he is all over the show at the moment. He is giving wingers far too much space and isn’t covering his CB either, meaning he is often caught in no mans land. The lack of cover I can somewhat forgive, because he has always been a bit dopey, but no longer winning 1v1 duels against his winger is a huge problem. At this point we have a RB who can’t/wont defend and is fucking useless in possession/going forward. We’ve accepted his lack of ability on the ball because he was arguably the best defensive RB on the planet but at the moment he is miles from that. On top of this, giving him the captaincy was a very questionable decision.

Stopping Walker going to Bayern was a good move from our board, they're our only real competition in the Ucl and he would have made them stronger, im not sure the new contract was necessary, other clubs would have told him to play out his final year and sit down in the summer, but he's been a loyal servant to the club Pep and Txiki and he hasnt been bad this season, just not as consistent, he should be rotated more, playing far too many minutes.

If that’s your takeaway, you should take a serious look at yourself. Was involved in the business of football for the first 25 years of my life and your blue-tinted specs do you no help in serious discussions.

Sorry not sorry I don’t see the world through your lens, but Walker has been a good servant who is coming to the end of that service.
'Business of football for the first 25 years of my life' what the fuck has that got to do with it you loon...

I think the criticism is valid this season. He has been brilliant for us and unlike others I wasn’t against him getting a new deal. Some point to him losing a yard of pace but I don’t buy into that at all, he could lose 3 yards and still be the quickest RB in the Prem. What he has lost is his concentration and potentially his motivation, because he is all over the show at the moment. He is giving wingers far too much space and isn’t covering his CB either, meaning he is often caught in no mans land. The lack of cover I can somewhat forgive, because he has always been a bit dopey, but no longer winning 1v1 duels against his winger is a huge problem. At this point we have a RB who can’t/wont defend and is fucking useless in possession/going forward. We’ve accepted his lack of ability on the ball because he was arguably the best defensive RB on the planet but at the moment he is miles from that. On top of this, giving him the captaincy was a very questionable decision.
What about that 30/40 yard pass that put Alvarez through first half but he mis controlled it ? Laughable on here, I'm sure Pep must get some of his tactical nounse from some of you on here...

'Business of football for the first 25 years of my life' what the fuck has that got to do with it you loon...
Are you drunk or high?

Walker is a business asset to CFG. The end.

I’m not sure why you’re being so obtuse and pinging me repeatedly, but in your zeal to come across as someone, you’ve shown yourself to be unable to follow the posts you’re replying to, and revealed your idiocy.

Fans fawning over players who are becoming a rapidly depreciating asset are missing the bigger picture required by Khaldoon, Ferran & Txiki. They paid handsomely to keep him, but he’s starting to exhibit some of the reasons why some fans believe age is catching up to him.

Now, go bother someone else.

Are you drunk or high?

Walker is a business asset to CFG. The end.

I’m not sure why you’re being so obtuse and pinging me repeatedly, but in your zeal to come across as someone, you’ve shown yourself to be unable to follow the posts you’re replying to, and revealed your idiocy.

Fans fawning over players who are becoming a rapidly depreciating asset are missing the bigger picture required by Khaldoon, Ferran & Txiki. They paid handsomely to keep him, but he’s starting to exhibit some of the reasons why some fans believe age is catching up to him.

Now, go bother someone else.
Pick your dummy up on the way out...

Really don't get the criticism.

He's been bloody brilliant for us and continues to be so. A few mistakes here and there happens to every player.

Up there with the best right backs I've ever seen at the club.
Because some on here know better than Pep...didn't you know ?

He’s a great right back for certain games, shouldn’t be starting every game though. I can only think it’s because of the small squad size. Would love to have listened in on his conversation with Pep at Musu in the summer. If we bench walker and Alvarez for a bit, and they both need a good rest, I think we will improve as a team in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.