2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pushing too far forward so that he’s less effective in dealing with the opponents ball over the top. And why he’s been asked to do that is a mystery as his crossing is some of the worst we’ve seen

I think Pep wants that overlap, and I do see it being important for build up, Walker is just the wrong man for the job.

Not sure who else would play there though. I wouldn’t say Walker deserves to be dropped because if we played Akanji there it wouldn’t be in the same role, he’d be sat back making up the 3 at the back, which is Walkers best role too.

We should get Couto back next season and give him a go there.

I think Pep wants that overlap, and I do see it being important for build up, Walker is just the wrong man for the job.

Not sure who else would play there though. I wouldn’t say Walker deserves to be dropped because if we played Akanji there it wouldn’t be in the same role, he’d be sat back making up the 3 at the back, which is Walkers best role too.

We should get Couto back next season and give him a go there.
Totally agree. Trying to play a role his skills don’t match

No worse than many of the others with his passing. Kyle had played 80plus mins by the time their winger came on, you’d expect him to be fresher.

Really? He was shite today. Constant missed passes, poor crosses into the box, especially in the 1st half, and huffing and puffing in the 2nd half trying to keep up with the Palace winger, who rinsed him. You must have been watching a different performance?

Pep dropped him last season for a reason. Pep tried Rico who wasn't better, so Pep found a solution by moving Stones next to Rodri and playing Akanji on the right. Only after Pep dropped both Lewis and Walker did we improve last season. We need a solution again, the old one or a new one.

Lewis has improved this season, imo, but isn’t a top player yet. Pep's in love with him, but I think he has to drop him and Walker again. We aren’t challenging with these two and Gvardiol in the starting XI. Biggest Pep fan on here but recent results are on him, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.