2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Watching the highlights and good Lord, to call it an 'effort' in getting back for their first goal would be an overstatement. Just stood completely still on the conceded penalty as well.

He said in the summer that it," was all about the years" and he's fucking playing like it. Whatever his agent got paid for managing to get him THREE years wasn't enough.

Pep dropped him last season for a reason. Pep tried Rico who wasn't better, so Pep found a solution by moving Stones next to Rodri and playing Akanji on the right. Only after Pep dropped both Lewis and Walker did we improve last season. We need a solution again, the old one or a new one.

I think the vast majority of people here suggested playing Akanji and Stones as you said. It plays to their strengths, and they are superior choices right now. Pep seems to be the only blue who hasn't figured that out yet. I don't get it. Kyle is poor week in and week out this season.

We won the treble without him in the team and because he threatened to go, he’s walked back into it. All a bit strange to me.

Time for him to drop out, get Stones back at right back.

We won the treble without him in the team and because he threatened to go, he’s walked back into it. All a bit strange to me.

Time for him to drop out, get Stones back at right back.
He played 39 games. Without him?

It annoys me greatly how we were only willing to give Gundogan a one year extension when he wanted two with an option of a third, and yet when Kyle wants out to Bayern we panic and end up getting Pep to grovel to him in town pleading for him to stay, only to then go and give Kyle a 2 year deal and make him captain.

Both the same age.

Criminal from the club.

Gundogan must have some resentment over it. I know I would.

Gundogan is one of our all time greats, and one of the PL greats. A match winner, a fantastic captain and future manager.

His form isn't great and due to him being Vice-Captain, KDB'sabsence and no suitable alternative we have no real choice than keep him in the side. Hopefully we do have a replacement lined up in the summer (although that isn't going to be an easy task either.)

Hey guys i have to ask this
I know its common for defenders to do this but no other defender does it more than walker
Any time the opposition score. He automatically puts his hand up for offside.
Its so annoying, every single time, its like a weird mental instinct even if he has no chance of getting it.

When palace scored their pen, his arm went up IMMEDIATLY to moan that something wasnt right (opposition went first or ball not on line or something)

Im getting so sick and tired of him stood there waving his arm every time the opposition score!

The decision to give him that crazy contract will cost us big time on and off the pitch, the club for once panicked and gave in to player power.

Walker has been a wonderful player but age has caught up with him, He should not be playing week in week out and he is becoming a weakness in the team and the opposition are starting to target him.

Age stops for no one.

Last edited:
Said earlier on in the thread, it was noticeable to me Kyle’s reflex’s/reactions had gotten slower and his recovery abilities were on the wane and that was 18 months ago, it’s very noticeable now to more people.

He still has a lot to offer the team, gone are the days of him being a marauding full back, 2 or 3 times a game, maybe, but now, we (and Kyle himself) have to manage him better and let him conserve his energy for the defensive side of his game.

The problem Kyle will have (and this isn’t a criticism, more an observation and happens with virtually ALL elite athletes) is that he’ll struggle to come to terms with losing what he once had as he gets older, but he needs to adapt his game more than ever now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.