2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

I dont understand how he plays so much in PL.
17 rounds, he started 17 games, was subbed off only once in 95th minute in the season opener vs Burnley. basically played every single minute in PL so far.

makes no sense unless Pep offered this to him in return not to leave.

he played 1957 minutes in PL last season, so far on 1530 minutes this season with only 45% of PL schedule played.

No idea why he is captain.
When the team is struggling, we need a leader. He isn't it.
Just give the armband to Rodri or Dias now.

No idea why he is captain.
When the team is struggling, we need a leader. He isn't it.
Just give the armband to Rodri or Dias now.

Walker is a popular guy among the players. We didn't want to lose him after losing Gundo and probably promised him the armband. Apparently, it wasn't a great decision. Dias and Rodri are much more suitable for that role. Pep will have to intervene by benching Walker. We are likely to be 6 pts off the top tomorrow and maybe 12 pts before our game at Everton. Safe to say that game will be absolutely crucial. Drop points there and the league is off.

Like I always say, it is always better to let an aging player leave a year roo early than making the mistake of letting them stay a year too long.

I hope I am wrong, but my sense is I'll be adding Walker to that list of those who stayed a year too long.

So far we have:

Zaba, Yaya, David, Aguero, Dihno all left a year too late.

On the other hand, Gundogan, Kompany and Mahrez are the only 3 to leave on time.

We need to get better at letting older players leave timely. Im almost certain Walker would leave too late. 3 years? Hope he is the exception, but I doubt it

Next up will be Kevin. He is almost guaranteed to overstay now. If he comes back in January and saves us by winning the league ( or God forbid- Help us salvage top 4?) We might have to just give him a 4 year contract and eat 3 years of decline.

But we'll cross that road when we get there.

Someone posted this morning that Walker is the best RB in the world. Wonder if he still holds that opinion
At defending World Class sprint wingers. He loves thY challenge. But as an addition to a front foot team, he is often at best a replacement level player and at worst a net negative.addition.

He gets up for challenges against Neymar, Mbappe, Leao and the like. But when the other team doesn't have a standout star winger, and his primary job is offensive in nature. He simply isn't a ner positive.. Sadly

Walker is a popular guy among the players. We didn't want to lose him after losing Gundo and probably promised him the armband. Apparently, it wasn't a great decision. Dias and Rodri are much more suitable for that role. Pep will have to intervene by benching Walker. We are likely to be 6 pts off the top tomorrow and maybe 12 pts before our game at Everton. Safe to say that game will be absolutely crucial. Drop points there and the league is off.
The players vote for the captain and for the record I think it's Kev but hes been injured so Kyle is next up.

Rodri and Dias are in the leadership group with the others.

Walker starting to believe the hype around him , he is being beaten regualarly this season by a decent winger , he has zero attacking talent , every cross he makes is just blasted in a general direction he cannot pick out a player. He must have had at least six crossing opportinites set up by Bernardo in the first half against Palace and he did nothing with them.
Maybe he thinks he is Carlos Alberto now the best manager in the world has begged him to stay , would rather have Rico at right back at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.