2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Ah, okay. Even then, his comments from yesterday about it being a "team game"(which is true), hardly acknowledged that he's been far off it on a personal level this season.
Our team motto has been #Together for a few years. I guess he’s saying we win together and lose together and don’t pick out individuals.

As the poster who’s into his Nan suggested, Walker will know he’s not been at his level recently.

I'm pretty sure he'll be aware he's been off the boil.
Maybe that's his level now,pace is a strange thing and he's kept his to an 'oldish' age but players seem to suddenly lose it and maybe his has dropped and he doesn't know how to compensate for it. We may well have seen the best of him and he'll not get back to that level.

Maybe that's his level now,pace is a strange thing and he's kept his to an 'oldish' age but players seem to suddenly lose it and maybe his has dropped and he doesn't know how to compensate for it. We may well have seen the best of him and he'll not get back to that level.
He might also have a niggling injury hampering his top speed.

Its all conjecture and hopefully he’s back to his best tomorrow.

Fair point, I actually want us to go back to the tail end of last seasons defence but i ain't the manager and Stones is made of blancmange.

Very true. As a hockey fan, Ovechkin is one of the best goal scorers of all time and scored 42 in 73 last season. This season he looks a complete shell of himself and has scored 5 in 29.

I don’t know that I agree players shouldn’t be bothered by criticism. I see both sides of it. Given Walkers personality and his past success, I think he’s one that could take it. But I do think it’s been particularly bad this year - probably because this is the first some fans haven’t seen stellar results. It’s been bad enough it’s been mentioned by journalists. So I do think he had an opportunity as captain, to call out some of the ridiculous criticism the team has been getting. Whether or not you agree with pushing back, I feel like that’s something a captain could address.

I'm not sure any annoyance is justified to be honest.

What he said about United is exactly what Pep has said whenever asked for the last 7 years. Why would anyone think Walker would break ranks and say something else?

I don't think he's avoiding responsibility, he's just a 33 year old who's seen this entire circus before. He was there at Christmas 2020 when half the forum wanted Pep fired because we were 8th, and he was there lifting the tophy in May. He was there when we were 2 goals down against Villa and lifted the trophy an hour later. He's seen the fans and media turn on this side a dozen sides and then have to walk it back a few weeks later.

He's seen the football machine want him replaced with Danilo, Cancelo, Stones, Akanji, Rico at City and TAA and Trippier and James for England and he just puts his head down and in a month or a years time the managers are picking him for every game still.

You could easily claim the interview shows he's not phased by criticism and he's an experience winner not panicking about City's position in the season if you wanted to, some of the attempted inferences into his inner psyche in this thread are absurd, and all of the abuse he's getting for poor form when there's 10 players just as out of form as him would suggest he's actually got a point.
Short memories as he said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.