2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I always find weird is how some players/managers just get a free pass and some get abuse for everything they do. How often is Walker or Grealish’s indiscretions brought up compared to Foden’s cheating and breaching lockdown 3 times? 100 to 1 I’d say. Yaya got done for drunk driving and everyone laughed it off because he had a dumb defence (spiked punch). Stones’ infidelity is very rarely mentioned.
I don't believe any of those guys received a 'free pass'. However, it's natural for the club captain to be held to a higher standard than others, whether fairly or unfairly.

Know this has proven surprisingly unpopular in recent weeks but I do care who our captain is. It used to be Vincent Kompany ffs. I would like someone who can be an ambassador for the club.

Totally agree.

Being captain should be about being a leader, role model and ambassador.

I don’t want this muppet anywhere near the armband again.

Should be Rodders

My thought exactly

I saw a clip of Rodri giving a speech in the changing room to the team where he says "we've one 4 of the last 5 premier leagues and we're gonna do it again". So he's clearly someome who's willing to speak up and lead and motivate

Add that with how influential he is on the pitch, I think he would be a very good captain.

Kev may be a good choice too, he even argues back with Pep from the pitch, so he clearly has passion and speaks up. Plus you can see how much respect the players have for his ability.

My thought exactly

I saw a clip of Rodri giving a speech in the changing room to the team where he says "we've one 4 of the last 5 premier leagues and we're gonna do it again". So he's clearly someome who's willing to speak up and lead and motivate

Add that with how influential he is on the pitch, I think he would be a very good captain.

Kev may be a good choice too, he even argues back with Pep from the pitch, so he clearly has passion and speaks up. Plus you can see how much respect the players have for his ability.
Not sure why, as I don't recall him ever talking about it, but I just get the impression that Kev might not particularly fancy the gig.

Not sure why, as I don't recall him ever talking about it, but I just get the impression that Kev might not particularly fancy the gig.
I think you are right.
Kevin didn't really want to take penalties, if I recall correctly.
He knows what he is good at and leaves things that he feels uncomfortable with to others with more confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.