2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

No way would I make him captain. I like him, he's saved our bacon many times, will again and has been great this season....but... he does stupid shit on and off the pitch fairly regularly.

I think the less responsibility Kyle has the more he can just enjoy what he is excellent at. Let the extra pressure for the guys that are more likely to take it in their stride (e.g. Dias or Rodri).
I wouldn't make him the sole captain either but I have a feeling that as a team captain he'll mature a lot more compared to if he was just a regular squad member. I think he'll grow into this role and will become one of our most important leaders over the next few seasons.

Watching Kyle conduct himself in interviews, I feel the new found responsiblity that comes with captain and the confidence Pep has shown in him, we are benefiting on and off the pitch.Brilliant signing years ago and can see him keeping up this standard for next two years.
I was sceptical about keeping him and giving him the captaincy but he's a joy to watch at the moment and as you say relishing his new found responsibility. Great turn around from flashing in town haha

Feels like hes going to play every game until he gets injured. You would think Rico would start getting involved more. He can’t play every game, overloading now won‘t help at the end of the season.

Feels like hes going to play every game until he gets injured. You would think Rico would start getting involved more. He can’t play every game, overloading now won‘t help at the end of the season.
Nooocastle away in the League Cup will see Kyle and at least 6 main players will be rested.
Agree with Rico needing a chance though. He is a top prospect who we need to hang onto...

I just saw the FC 24 commercial that has Vinicius doing a trick to ease past Kyle.

I suppose it's nice to dream.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.