2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Get rid at the end of the season. Replacing his brain is simple, speed will be trickier but not impossible.

Honestly, I thought he would leave last summer and I was ok with that.
But somehow he stayed and became a captain. The only reason he played against Madrid last season was because Ake got injured, otherwise he would not be on the pitch at all.
Right now he only offers us a pace, but do we need that ? He looks like he wants to race players and not to stop them and take the ball, this season in both games against Chelsea he was shit, and Sterling cook him.
Overall right now it looks like a mistake that he got a new deal.

Get rid at the end of the season. Replacing his brain is simple, speed will be trickier but not impossible.
He has lost 2 km/h compared to last season and isn't our fastest player anymore. Nunes is. At his age, he would lose another 2 km/h by the time another season comes around, so he definitely needs replacing.

Honestly, I thought he would leave last summer and I was ok with that.
But somehow he stayed and became a captain. The only reason he played against Madrid last season was because Ake got injured, otherwise he would not be on the pitch at all.
Right now he only offers us a pace, but do we need that ? He looks like he wants to race players and not to stop them and take the ball, this season in both games against Chelsea he was shit, and Sterling cook him.
Overall right now it looks like a mistake that he got a new deal.
Looking at some of the chances that he stopped on Sunday purely because of his pace, yes we do still need it.

Interesting stuff. Have you got a link for this.
I just googled "Kyle Walker 23/24 top speed".
This came up:
PlayerMatchTop speed (km/h)
Kyle WalkerMan City v Bournemouth35.32

Then, for 22/23 it was this:
37.31 kilometers per hour

Manchester City right-back Kyle Walker was officially the fastest player in the Premier League during the 2022/23 season. The 33-year-old recorded a top speed of 37.31 kilometers per hour (23.18 miles per hour) during his sixth campaign as a City star, according to data gathered by Opta.

Then, I googled fastest players at PL clubs 23/24.
Matheus NunesEverton v Man City35.39

Nunes was even faster at Wolves, so presumably he is yet to hit his peak pace in the PL this season due to his limited opportunities.

I just googled "Kyle Walker 23/24 top speed".
This came up:
Kyle WalkerMan City v Bournemouth35.32

Then, for 22/23 it was this:
37.31 kilometers per hour

Manchester City right-back Kyle Walker was officially the fastest player in the Premier League during the 2022/23 season. The 33-year-old recorded a top speed of 37.31 kilometers per hour (23.18 miles per hour) during his sixth campaign as a City star, according to data gathered by Opta.

Then, I googled fastest players at PL clubs 23/24.
Matheus NunesEverton v Man City35.39

Nunes was even faster at Wolves, so presumably he is yet to hit his peak pace in the PL this season due to his limited opportunities.
That's from 5 months ago. It was only a few months before that when he hit his best speed.
Has he lost speed or has he not had to hit his top speed as yet ? After all I see the young Spurs player that recorded the fastest ever time last season is also 2 kmh down on his record.
A record that only just eclipsed Walkers time.

Anyway it's hard to see anything conclusive either way.

Last edited:
The worst crosser of a ball in the Premier league.
Attempts them like he probably fucks.
No thought of anyone else, just bangs it in as hard as he can, then runs off home er I mean back to position with a glazed looked in his eyes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.