2 | Kyle Walker - 2024/25

Just seen a quote about him taking the message "it doesn't matter how you start, but how you finish" from Prince William to England squad at the Euros back to City. That's not how the league works Kyle you pleb, it's not a knockout competition, every game matters. He needs to be a non-vocal captain.
Fucking hell. You're telling a six time Premier League winner how it works ? Seriously ?

owlpalm-facepalm.gif

Just seen a quote about him taking the message "it doesn't matter how you start, but how you finish" from Prince William to England squad at the Euros back to City. That's not how the league works Kyle you pleb, it's not a knockout competition, every game matters. He needs to be a non-vocal captain.
That's true of many things in life. Also true for several of City's Premier League triumphs....just ask the Rags, Scousers and Gooners ;)

Father's tough love made me player I am - Walker​

England and Manchester City defender Kyle Walker says the tough love of his father helped him become an elite player.

Walker has enjoyed a glittering career at City, winning the Premier League six times as well as two FA Cups, four EFL Cups and the Champions League.

He has been capped 90 times by England and is widely regarded as one of the best right-backs in the world.

Speaking on the You'll Never Beat Kyle Walker podcast the 34-year-old opened up on the influence his dad Michael has had on his career.

Walker said his father "made me be the person and player that I am" and at the start of his career it was about "proving my dad wrong" after he criticised his performances as a youngster.

"I used to hate going to football with him," said Walker, who has also played for Sheffield United and Tottenham - and had loan spells at QPR, Aston Villa and Northampton.

"No matter if I played good or I played bad, I'd get in the car and I'd be reduced to tears. He'd say I wouldn't have done this right, I wouldn't have done that right.

"He didn't do it because he wanted to hurt me. He did it because he cared."

England and Manchester City defender Kyle Walker says the tough love of his father helped him become an elite player.

Walker has enjoyed a glittering career at City, winning the Premier League six times as well as two FA Cups, four EFL Cups and the Champions League.

He has been capped 90 times by England and is widely regarded as one of the best right-backs in the world.

Speaking on the You'll Never Beat Kyle Walker podcast the 34-year-old opened up on the influence his dad Michael has had on his career.

Walker said his father "made me be the person and player that I am" and at the start of his career it was about "proving my dad wrong" after he criticised his performances as a youngster.

"I used to hate going to football with him," said Walker, who has also played for Sheffield United and Tottenham - and had loan spells at QPR, Aston Villa and Northampton.

"No matter if I played good or I played bad, I'd get in the car and I'd be reduced to tears. He'd say I wouldn't have done this right, I wouldn't have done that right.

Father's tough love made me player I am - Walker​

Sounds like some unresolved child trauma lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.