2 | Kyle Walker - 2024/25

So, why, when they’re both on the field, does Kyle wear the armband?

Also, Kevin has been here longer than Kyle.

You’re making things up to suit your own agenda.
Because the decision was made not to switch captains after Kevin was out for months. Just like @kaz7 is saying. It was reported at the time.

Was he voted into the team of the tournament on merit?
Declan Rice was also in that team of the year, and the likes of Akanji, KDB, Bernardo, Ake were not in that team. In other words, it's a very subjective selection. Kyle has been best RB in the world, but not last season. He cost us many goals. Most Blues saw that, as demonstrated in Kyle's thread for last season. For me (currently, not based on historical form) it's Manu Akanji, Rico and then Kyle at RB. In that order.

Declan Rice was also in that team of the year, and the likes of Akanji, KDB, Bernardo, Ake were not in that team. In other words, it's a very subjective selection. Kyle has been best RB in the world, but not last season. He cost us many goals. Most Blues saw that, as demonstrated in Kyle's thread for last season. For me (currently, not based on historical form) it's Manu Akanji, Rico and then Kyle at RB. In that order.
I thought you were implying that he wasn’t chosen because players only get chosen on merit.
The fact that he was selected last year would indicate that he was there on merit and seeing as how he hasn’t played since, I don’t see how he is now not there on merit.
Not sure why you brought up Akanji as we are talking about his England selection.

Last edited:
I built my "Erling argument" on a talking point similar to the one you brought up about Kyle, Basically I was just trying to show you how that argument doesn't hold up.
They're completely different arguments though, not sure how you can't see that.

Not really sure what you're trying to get at with your Erling point.

If Walker isn't good enough to play for England, then I don't think he should be our captain.

You're not going to change my opinion on that, and that's fine.

It still seems the squad are happy with Kyle Walker being Team Captain even with Kev being injury free and Gundo returning.

They're completely different arguments though, not sure how you can't see that.

Not really sure what you're trying to get at with your Erling point.

If Walker isn't good enough to play for England, then I don't think he should be our captain.

You're not going to change my opinion on that, and that's fine.
Fuck England good enough don’t make me laugh half the team is shite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.