20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're wrong again. The value of an player is not defined by the willingness of a buyer. It's called "pricing" and only the seller decides the amount of money he or she is willing to let their asset go. Negotiating literally means the "discussion" to reach an agreement.

However you seems to think that the price of an asset is only decided by the amount of money the counterpart is willing to spend, which is wrong. As a buyer you're the only party who decides on the amount of money you're willing to sell, not the other way around.

Also you seems to think that skills doesn't matter that much while trying to negotiate. With that kind of mindset you probably would get mugged a lot in your life while trying to be part of it. There are good brokers, averages ones or people just completely bad at it. If you can't recognise that, than it would be a lost case.
Wrong? Funny as you have completely ignored what i said and actually reworded it and actually agreed with whayt i had said, there is a range the buyer wanted to pay and a range where the seller wants to sell, negotiation (which i also said is a skill) is where each party moves the other in that range.

I can confirm that i am not mugged and have negotiated in my current role a very good salary, in a role which involves a lot of contract negotiation so clearly you have no idea about me, nothing like nice assumption though.

If you are offering something well below market price then lots of people will want it and the offer price will move up. If you are offering something above market price then few people will want it then the price you have to offer will move down. Its called market economics - take a look at Keynes. In the football market age, contract length remaining and salary also have a huge impact in the logistics of the deal.

If we are such bad negotiators can you please explain where the masses of clubs who are bidding for the players who we are being "mugged off" by?

Which players we have sold so badly were subject to a bidding war as our negotiation was so bad? Why weren't there clubs queuing up for our bargain basement prices like it was black Friday as Asda? Share with us you inside knowledge of the workings of our negotiations

Is this a Bernardo thread or just a general let’s have a petty squabble thread?
Would love to see Bernardo stay, quality all round and one of my favourites of the last decade. I hope he’ll stick around to join the zaba class of city cult heroes.
Bernardo thread, just tired of people with no knowledge of how the club works slagging it off.

I love Bernardo, hope he stays but tbf he is too good to be a bit part player moved around into different positions. Unfortunately his flexibility and willingness to play wherever for the team is the problem which is stopping him being in his best position (to me cental)

Is it crazy to ask the question of who adds more value to City between Grealish and Bernardo? I love Bernardo’s tenacity and work ethic away from the ball, amongst many other things. If there were to be a criticism to his game, it would be that he technical gifts don’t necessarily translate to as many goals/assists as you’d hope. Whereas Grealish seems to be a bit more dynamic in that sense. If the choice is between the two, I wonder which direction the fans would lean..

Is it crazy to ask the question of who adds more value to City between Grealish and Bernardo? I love Bernardo’s tenacity and work ethic away from the ball, amongst many other things. If there were to be a criticism to his game, it would be that he technical gifts don’t necessarily translate to as many goals/assists as you’d hope. Whereas Grealish seems to be a bit more dynamic in that sense. If the choice is between the two, I wonder which direction the fans would lean..
Brewnardo all day long for me.

you will appreciate the value of Bernardo when he is no longer there. Take a look at the Scouser game in Jan-2020 or most of the games when KDB was out last season (coinciding with our magic run).

Then consider that we value Bernardo at around 50% of the quoted price for JG. The red shiny toy you don't have always seems better than what's in your room today

I love Bernardo, hope he stays but tbf he is too good to be a bit part player moved around into different positions. Unfortunately his flexibility and willingness to play wherever for the team is the problem which is stopping him being in his best position (to me cental)

Don't think that's the only problem. At some point he became a jack of all trades and master of none. I don't know how that happened because he used to be great at everything. Whether on the wing or in the middle he's stopped regularly getting goals and assists, while players like Gundogan and Mahrez show that it's very possible to be productive from those positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.