20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should anything be taken from the fact that he played tonight? I imagine if he had a suitor, Pep wouldn't have risked him given what happened with Leroy not long ago.

If both Grealish and Kane come, then Bernie will 100% be sold, we can't accomodate that many players.

If just Grealish comes in (and no striker), then Bernie may still be sold, but there is a chance to keep him, and it could work out.

Look at our pre-season and look how dominant our wingers are in terms of our goals, it's very similar to last season, we don't play in service to our striker, they play in service to the team. Mahrez and Edozie alone were involved in most of the goals over these last 3 games.

Now the argument is the striker was Ben Knight, anybody is an upgrade over him, but Kdb, Grealish, Sterling, Ferran, any of them makes that false 9 tick even better.

We are most likely a better team with Kane just considering his quality, but if he doesn't come in, and there is a chance to keep Bernie, we could still be dominant in the false 9 (especially with Gundogan having a free attacking position) as we saw last season.

If both Grealish and Kane come, then Bernie will 100% be sold, we can't accomodate that many players.

If just Grealish comes in (and no striker), then Bernie may still be sold, but there is a chance to keep him, and it could work out.

Look at our pre-season and look how dominant our wingers are in terms of our goals, it's very similar to last season, we don't play in service to our striker, they play in service to the team. Mahrez and Edozie alone were involved in most of the goals over these last 3 games.

Now the argument is the striker was Ben Knight, anybody is an upgrade over him, but Kdb, Grealish, Sterling, Ferran, any of them makes that false 9 tick even better.

We are most likely a better team with Kane just considering his quality, but if he doesn't come in, and there is a chance to keep Bernie, we could still be dominant in the false 9 (especially with Gundogan having a free attacking position) as we saw last season.
Good post.

Almost certainly Bernardo to be sold. I'd wager the Grealish move comes from Bernardo wanting to leave.

Good post.

Almost certainly Bernardo to be sold. I'd wager the Grealish move comes from Bernardo wanting to leave.
Yeah I see that Grealish replaces Bernardo.

I'm more spitballing how we can make it work and keep Bernie if Kane doesn't come, because it seems like every day the news about Kane is about how difficult this will be for City to pull off.

But it doesn't work if we can't convince Bernie to stay of course.

Yeah I see that Grealish replaces Bernardo.

I'm more spitballing how we can make it work and keep Bernie if Kane doesn't come, because it seems like every day the news about Kane is about how difficult this will be for City to pull off.

But it doesn't work if we can't convince Bernie to stay of course.
Fwiw we're going through the same bravado with Spurs that we went through with Villa when the Grealish rumours really began to pick up steam. You and I will have seen how dreadfully ignorant people are to how City approach transfers, often due to their disdain of the club.

For instance I believe the hold up with Kane is a timing issue. Kane's apparently been mouthing off since during the Euros that he's moving, which suggests that Levy has said he'll sell him at some point for the right price. His family would know, hence the big Sun scoop. Tolmie has repeatedly said Levy has told Kane he will sell him. There's no way we'd be this balls deep for Kane AND there's no way Kane would go on strike, if it wasn't clear to all parties involved that City were prepared to shell out what Tottenham wanted.

It's likely that Tottenham have told City and Kane they'll sell him when they're ready, like with Bale (sold on September 1st). Let themselves get up to speed and bring all the signings they want first (without getting overcharged due to big income), and then he can go. Therefore at the very, very worst, I believe we'll sign him at the end of the window.

But if something goes wrong (Sané style injury for example), then yeah you're totally right. It's just last season again isn't it? Maybe Jesus, maybe someone else as a false 9. Bernardo can definitely be him.

Ill take the 40-50 million on this one though. If Atleti want him and pay up, sure, thats good for the budget. Foden has made Bernardo replaceable and thats hard to say considering how good Bernardo is. Both are the same player, similar style of play. Now that Grealish is coming in, on an already stacked roster, his game time will be designated to a crowded winger rotation where I just don't see where he gets into the team at the moment over the likes of Foden, Sterling and Mahrez. Torres is likely headed for a bigger role this year too. Not including Jesus and possible a striker, then add in Grealish...yea...writings on the wall for Bernardo.

Grealish signing good for whomever wants to buy Bernardo. Knows we need to get rid now.

Could be a mistake to let him go but it does make sense

I love him, he's a great servant and he's works hard for the team...but it seems the right time for him to move

He hasn't pushed on since the 18/19 season where he was amongst the best in the league

He excels when KDB isn't fit but KDB is just better in that role

He's had 4 years here, his amortisation cost right now will be pretty small (estimated around £15mil) and I think Grealish gives us more for the position they play

Bernardo is good but his goals and assists should be bigger for a talent like him

The only issue here is that were likely to get lowballed for him as I can only see him moving to Europe and all of Europe is skint

If we can get £50mil from Atletico I think a deal can be done and it would suit all parties (even if I think he should be valued around the £60/70mil mark)

Sad to see him go but things need a freshen up and he's the most obvious casualty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.