20 | Bernardo Silva - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it looked lkike the keeper expected it go where it went. I wonder if Bernado was practicing them down the middle and Madrid were aware of it. He almost kicks it straight into the hands of the keeper .... Horrible, horrible penalty regardless
He went down the middle v Kepa against Chelsea and scored. Kepa was seen in the dugout giving advice to Lunin before the pens. They were better prepared for the penalties. It always feels like we go into them with no strategy, just vibes and see what happens, both in the taking and the saving of them.

We all love Bernie. He embodies everything good about being a City player and is definitely one of us. His work-rate is probably the best I've seen of any City player. I'll forgive him the penalty as he owes us nothing.

But despite his energy last night, his end product was virtually non-existent and this, for me, has been a consistent pattern this season. We'll all miss him if he moves on but I think, sadly, the time is right.

If Bernardo goes we'll miss him like we've missed Gundogan.

Going by our midfield recruits the last two summer windows, we'll be getting a downgrade.

He was unlucky in that it happened to him. But it was going to happen to someone some day; they'll go to dink a penalty down the middle, and the goalie will take a chance on not moving. Those sort of penalties look great when they go in (don't all penalties?); when they don't go in, they look horrid. Penalty aside, he didn't look his usual self last night. Fatigue, I guess. He'll be back.
For me he scores we win the tie the pressure is really on Madrid at 2 nil down
Not the time for a penenka pick a corner and put your laces through it
He has been superb over the 2 legs though

For me he scores we win the tie the pressure is really on Madrid at 2 nil down
Not the time for a penenka pick a corner and put your laces through it
No way. Particularly last night, he wasn't great. Not by his high standards. To be fair to him, though, there were a few substandard performances last night.

He went down the middle v Kepa against Chelsea and scored. Kepa was seen in the dugout giving advice to Lunin before the pens. They were better prepared for the penalties. It always feels like we go into them with no strategy, just vibes and see what happens, both in the taking and the saving of them.
Show some respect mate ffs. You think between Ederson, Ortega, Carson, Xabi and Wrighty they had no strategy?

Penalties is luck, end of.

Sorry but no.

He's one of my favourite players but has been fairly average all season considering his ability, and he was last night.

Outside of scoring a clever free kick, he didn't do a great deal over the two games. But then again, neither did a lot of the players on both teams, the players you expect to show great moments.

It was a bad decision from Bernie for the penalty, to be sure -- he knows he could and should have put it away, as any top footballer should. He'll be more angry about it than all of us.

But he has dug us out so many times, including last season against Real Madrid, that I think he has more than enough credit to his name to let this one go.

I am sure he will use that mistake to refocus for Saturday and the remainder of the run-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.