20 | Bernardo Silva - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a bad decision from Bernie for the penalty, to be sure -- he knows he could and should have put it away, as any top footballer should. He'll be more angry about it than all of us.

But he has dug us out so many times, including last season against Real Madrid, that I think he has more than enough credit to his name to let this one go.

I am sure he will use that mistake to refocus for Saturday and the remainder of the run-in.

As you say he's provided us with plenty of great moments and we'll always have his brew but If this were to be his last season I wouldn't want that pen to be his last significant moment with us. Much better he gets to recreate that volley against Villa , either this Saturday, or if we can reach the final, against the raggies (assuming they find a way to stagger past Coventry).

Last edited:
It's really something isn't it? And God yes, Bernie looks so not bothered about winning trophies and titles… Clearly couldn't give a toss.

Let me say something about that penalty. It is my firm conviction that that was not a penalty taken incompetently. That was the penalty of a walking zombie. It was the gesture of a man who was utterly, totally, completely dead on his feet. He never hits the ball like that. Did anybody see the pressing work that Bernardo got through? Not just right through normal time. He was the only one that was still pressing properly, even in extra time. He had given absolutely everything. He had run his bollocks off — as he does so often for us.
No, I think that one's on Pep, frankly. I am aware that penalty takers are often designated in advance. Whether they are or are not, Pep should have seen what the score was, stepped in and put his hand on Bernie's shoulder and said, “Sorry mate, I know you want to take one, but you're not in a fit state”. There were one or two other possible penalty takers. I would have given it to Gvardiol, possibly. He's got a cool head, and he's shown he can hit a ball very cleanly. But someone else, anyway, and someone reasonably fresh. (Kova's penalty was a different kettle of fish — poor from him, really. But that's another issue, and thread).
Well said about Bernardo, Lovebites.

To be replaced by who? No thanks, I think we’ll keep him.
What if he wants to go which tbh he does . We cannot keep the sane players year in year out because for one it’s a business and players have sell on value and also we need to evolve with new players . I don’t care about the pen as it’s happiness to everyone but we do need to freshen the team up .

What if he wants to go which tbh he does . We cannot keep the sane players year in year out because for one it’s a business and players have sell on value and also we need to evolve with new players . I don’t care about the pen as it’s happiness to everyone but we do need to freshen the team up .
He signed a contract extension until the summer 2026. My thoughts of Silva are well known, he’s as valuable as KDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.