20 | Bernardo Silva - 2024/25

I don't think he deserved MOTM, but considering he looked dead on his feet in the last 15 of the first half, That was a hell of an effort.
I couldn’t believe my ears, when gargoyle one said his name.

Don’t get me wrong, Bernardo had a great game, but MotM? Never.

Excluding the past G/A kings (Messi, Neymar, Mbappe, Ronaldo, etc) Bernardo is a better player than your favorite player.
Yes he's a fantastic player.

I care less about stats than most football fans but I know I am in the minority there. I like players who are great to watch whether they score or not eg Bernardo.

Yes he's a fantastic player.

I care less about stats than most football fans but I know I am in the minority there. I like players who are great to watch whether they score or not eg Bernardo.
I am with you on the stats thing, look at Spanish Dave, he never had the "numbers" but we could all see he was a different gravy. His play was the assist to the assist that does not get recognised. Back in the day a Dipper swore blindly that Coutinho was a better player because he scored more! I just laughed and walked away, stats are not all that, they are an indicator but for me its the "eye test" that I judge players on.

I couldn’t believe my ears, when gargoyle one said his name.

Don’t get me wrong, Bernardo had a great game, but MotM? Never.
So true, Bernardo ran his heart out but was ordinary compared with Kovacic or Rico for that matter.

I am with you on the stats thing, look at Spanish Dave, he never had the "numbers" but we could all see he was a different gravy. His play was the assist to the assist that does not get recognised. Back in the day a Dipper swore blindly that Coutinho was a better player because he scored more! I just laughed and walked away, stats are not all that, they are an indicator but for me its the "eye test" that I judge players on.
Totally agree, one of my pet hates that, obsession with stats and overlooking the eye test.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.