20 games in....Title race back on?

Lets hope we can put a big run together to get all the fans back on side and to shut the media up

26 Dec drew at home to West Brom, 1st, Jan, 0-1 Sunderland, beat Liverpool, 3-0, lost to rags in FA Cup, lost to Liverpool in League Cup, beat Wigan & Spurs, drew at home to Liverpool in league Cup, lost 0-1 to Everton, then suddenly ten wins in all comps in Feb, followed by a draw at Stoke, home draw to Sunderland, lost at Arsenal. Title over.

Six games later: After six wins, Champions.

No different to this season except at that time, we had never won the Prem & were up against Ferguson.

Sorry mate, but there's a huge difference between 2012 and now.
For a start we scored the most goals, and conceded the least.
Our back four virtually picked itself for the 2nd half of that season, whilst Barry, Milner, and De Jong all contributed to our excellent defensive record.
Aguero was on fire, but Dzeko, Nasri and Balotelli all scored vital goals.
In other words, it was a team effort, with arguably only 2 or 3 poor performances all season.

Also, United were our only major rivals, whereas this season, we've got 5 similar teams, all just a level below Chelsea.
Of course, we've still got a chance, but as I said earlier, we need to start playing so well, that a defeat comes as a shock (I attended both the Christmas defeats that you quoted and we deserved at least 4 points)

Once the Champions League kicks in again, as we all should know, will be the clubs priority. This is why we won't win the league. Anyone know who we're playing in and around the Monaco fixtures? I'm just hoping that we can keep Kompany fit till the end of the season to provide stability and leadership so it doesn't go completely tits up.

Sorry mate, but there's a huge difference between 2012 and now.
For a start we scored the most goals, and conceded the least.
Our back four virtually picked itself for the 2nd half of that season, whilst Barry, Milner, and De Jong all contributed to our excellent defensive record.
Aguero was on fire, but Dzeko, Nasri and Balotelli all scored vital goals.
In other words, it was a team effort, with arguably only 2 or 3 poor performances all season.

Also, United were our only major rivals, whereas this season, we've got 5 similar teams, all just a level below Chelsea.
Of course, we've still got a chance, but as I said earlier, we need to start playing so well, that a defeat comes as a shock (I attended both the Christmas defeats that you quoted and we deserved at least 4 points)

Like v Chelsea & Everton.

Our back 4 would have picked itself that season but unfortunately the manager kept picking it & putting Savic in. We also lost our best forward to golf for a substantial part of the season.

We have a good chance this season, as we are not up against Ferguson & his referee army for the 2nd half of it.

Once the Champions League kicks in again, as we all should know, will be the clubs priority. This is why we won't win the league. Anyone know who we're playing in and around the Monaco fixtures? I'm just hoping that we can keep Kompany fit till the end of the season to provide stability and leadership so it doesn't go completely tits up.

Unfortunately Liverpool at home the game after the Monaco away game.

Not only that, the FA Cup 5th round weekend is after Bourenmouth on a Monday night and the weekend before the Monaco home game so once again, if we get through and get a tough draw, we know what will happen as we will no doubt be fucked over by the BBC.

All season I've been reading how Chelsea are running away with it...because of a recent record breaking run!...how the style and power of Liverpool is like watching the second coming of the Shankly era, and how Spurs are a young team of destiny (built on the shoulders of two youngsters...Kane and Alli, who seem to score 2/3 of their goals!)...AND that City have lost the plot, have no defence, can't score goals and Guardiola isn't up to snuff...

YET, half way through the season, we are level with Spurs, 2 puts behind Liverpool, and a "MASSIVE" 7 behind Chelsea.

In short, we simply have to do what CHAMPIONS have to do...beat Liverpool and Spurs at home, and beat Chelsea on their patch. From there, we simply have to match the performance of the other teams and we are SECOND!!! If Chelsea get beat by one of the other Top Four teams, and draw one more game than us, we are CHAMPIONS!!!

For anyone to say it is over already is ludicrous with all the top teams still to play each other. As we saw with City's games against Everton (2 missed pens) and Chelsea (missed open net to make it 2-0), the League is FULL of twists and turns EVERY YEAR. There is nothing to suggest this year will make it any different. Look at last year....Leicester running away with it? Really? 5000-1 shot pays out?!

There is lots and lots of football to be played yet and the teams that are "flying" rarely fly for 9 months straight. Thankfully, we looked like world beaters for the first handful of games, then hit a patch. Now, we are back on a bit of a run, albeit while not lighting up anyone's life. That same fall off, even for just a few games, can be the difference between 1st and 5th in the League this year.

From here on out, it is about matching results and beating the Top 6 AT HOME. Beyond that, don't lose at Arsenal, and beat Chelsea (or definitely don't lose) and we are in the mix come April/May.

The League is not, and never has been, a cake walk, and it takes scraping a few victories (QPR 2012 anyone?!) to get to the zenith, but ALL THE TOP TEAMS have a chance to win it...even Chelsea!!!

OUR SEASON IS DETERMINED FROM MARCH 18 to APRIL 5. Was probably ALWAYS going to be this way. I don't see how that has really changed, other than we need to catch up to Chelsea a bit!

COME ON CITY!!!

Brilliant!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.