20 games in....Title race back on?

As the days stretch and the temperatures rise, like the Phoenix our form will return.

I want to believe we can win it but I think we'll come a close 2nd.

Can Chelsea lose another 2 games and draw 2.more without us droping any points .if the answer is yes it will be a fascinating and exciting second half of the season

Absolutely any of arse, pool, Leicester, rags and us can take points of Chelsea and not to mention the odd slip up against a mid table side who pull one out of the hat.

a slightly different way of looking at things.

Chelsea at home, (okay its all been discussed before, but) thoroughly outplayed them for 60 mins, clear penalty denied when Kante cleaned out Gundogan, Luiz should have walked on 30 mins, and we'd have been playing 10 men for last hour - instead of 12) and most saliently De Bruyne must still be having nightmares over his miss around 60 mins. Win that one, and we would be comfortably clear in second, one point behind Chelsea. Equally, with a 3- 0 (or better) win in the bag, and Luiz off the pitch, the 96th minute dust up couldn't have happened, and we would not have lost Sergio and Fernandinho for a combined 7 games.
FINE MARGINS, or indeed a competent, non rag referee

anyway, can't believe what all the fuss is over next 4- 6 games, not relevant, how about the the next 18 games. Everybody has played everybody else once, and surprise surprise, everybody has got to play everybody else in return fixtures.

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO WIN LEAGUE FROM HERE ?
A net swing re Chelsea of 7 points. So as long as Chelsea drop 3 or 4 more points than first half of season, we need a net gain of 3 or4 more points from our first half season. so for the point of this analysis, the starting point is we have to match first half season points wise, and then need to look for 3 or 4 more (minimum). i would like to think, that we can beat at home, the teams we have already beaten away. Then it doesn't look too difficult to improve 3 or 4 points from the first half season points gained against Spurs (0), Liverpool (0), Leicester (0), Everton (1), Southampton (1), Middlesborough (1), Chelsea (0). Then what's the chances of Chelsea achieving 3 points less?. well considering in first 19 games, they had a 13 game winning run, every chance. Indeed, if we were to go to Chelsea and win, that one result (Chelsea -3, City +3) alone is almost enough to bring us level.

Furthermore, listening to all the moaning here, does anybody dispute, that there is plenty of room for improvement playing wise in the second HALF OF THE SEASON, Sergio will not be banned for 7 games, we have Jesus Gabriel to integrate, and our defence simply has to / will improve.

ps, we might sign re- enforcements so

WHY NOT WIN THE LEAGUE?

Teams that have beaten us:
Barcelona - away
Liverpool - away
Spurs - away
Chelsea(champions 18months ago)
Leicester(champions) - away

As you can see, we have been beaten by some good teams, narrowly(bar Leicester)
We are more than capable of putting a run together, we have 4 wins out of 5 and there is no reason we cannot beat Everton and Spurs

We also have what could be a very straightforward last 6 matches

Of course we can do it. But we won't if there is no belief around the place

As the days stretch and the temperatures rise, like the Phoenix our form will return.

I want to believe we can win it but I think we'll come a close 2nd.
I think we will win it. We still have the best players in the league.

Chelsea 2nd
Liverpool 3rd
Spurs 4th

Teams that have beaten us:
Barcelona - away
Liverpool - away
Spurs - away
Chelsea(champions 18months ago)
Leicester(champions) - away

As you can see, we have been beaten by some good teams, narrowly(bar Leicester)
We are more than capable of putting a run together, we have 4 wins out of 5 and there is no reason we cannot beat Everton and Spurs

We also have what could be a very straightforward last 6 matches

Of course we can do it. But we won't if there is no belief around the place
There is no reason why we cant put a great run together but dont think the belief is there from everyone

There is no reason why we cant put a great run together but dont think the belief is there from everyone

The problem isn't the team(although it isn't perfect), it is some fans expectations - Spurs are up for winning the league, they believe but they are on the same points.

It's about a feel good factor. Spurs and Liverpool being 2nd and 3rd is more than they expected so feel good. Some of our fans expected a mix of Bayern/Barca, we haven't got that so they feel let down. Like I said, their expectations are the problem not Guardiola and the team

It's just as possible we'll be 10 points behind in a week or so & 4th or 5th.

But guess what ?

We will still be in the title race, if we are ten points behind, because all of the teams above us are capable of dropping a bunch of points, especially if pressure kicks in, & we are capable of a run similar to Chelsea's, if our game clicks together. Our best, is better than anyone elses best. We have rarely seen it, but we have seen it regularly from our competitors. But we're still around.

I would be surprised if this race isn't still open with a few weeks to go.

Chelsea lost to Liverpool & Arsenal, should have lost to Spurs & City, & have now lost again, at last, to Spurs. They are all capable of the same kind of slip ups we have had, including Chelsea.

Judging by the next set of fixtures, if we're closer to Chelsea, by the end of January, than we've got a chance. Otherwise, forget it, and don't take Top Four for granted either.
Yes, we were 8 points behind in 2012, with fewer games remaining, but that was a balanced confident team, built on solid foundations.
When we lost to Everton that season, it came as a shock.
If we lose to Everton next week, it will be our 3rd away defeat in 4 games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.