20 games in....Title race back on?

The problem isn't the team(although it isn't perfect), it is some fans expectations - Spurs are up for winning the league, they believe but they are on the same points.

It's about a feel good factor. Spurs and Liverpool being 2nd and 3rd is more than they expected so feel good. Some of our fans expected a mix of Bayern/Barca, we haven't got that so they feel let down. Like I said, their expectations are the problem not Guardiola and the team

That's a bit too simplistic mate.
At the start of the season, the common perception was that Guardiola was taking over an ageing team, so the whole process would take a couple of seasons.
Five Months later, it feels like Groundhog Day, because for all sorts of reasons, we've still got last season's team, with last season's weaknesses, and last season's recurring injuries.

Liverpool and Spurs are on a high because both teams beat Chelsea. In contrast, we lost a game that we should have won, and then (not for the first time) lost our heads.

One thing to note is that City not consistently winning is unsustainable.

We see more of the ball than any team in the country and create more than enough chances to put any team, Chelsea included, to bed. To suggest KDB and Kun, among others, will continue to fail to convert them is unrealistic.

Basically: we've seen Chelsea at their best, but City haven't even hit top gear yet. If it all clicks then there's no reason we can't do it all.

Judging by the next set of fixtures, if we're closer to Chelsea, by the end of January, than we've got a chance. Otherwise, forget it, and don't take Top Four for granted either.
Yes, we were 8 points behind in 2012, with fewer games remaining, but that was a balanced confident team, built on solid foundations.
When we lost to Everton that season, it came as a shock.
If we lose to Everton next week, it will be our 3rd away defeat in 4 games.

26 Dec drew at home to West Brom, 1st, Jan, 0-1 Sunderland, beat Liverpool, 3-0, lost to rags in FA Cup, lost to Liverpool in League Cup, beat Wigan & Spurs, drew at home to Liverpool in league Cup, lost 0-1 to Everton, then suddenly ten wins in all comps in Feb, followed by a draw at Stoke, home draw to Sunderland, lost at Arsenal. Title over.

Six games later: After six wins, Champions.

No different to this season except at that time, we had never won the Prem & were up against Ferguson.

Think we'll finish 3rd behind Chelsea & Liverpool.

Feel we are a bit naive at the moment and lack leadership on the pitch, as well as our obvious weaknesses at the back.

Hope I'm wrong! think we'll win the FA Cup, which with a 3rd place finish, would be a solid start to build on for Pep.

That's a bit too simplistic mate.
At the start of the season, the common perception was that Guardiola was taking over an ageing team, so the whole process would take a couple of seasons.
Five Months later, it feels like Groundhog Day, because for all sorts of reasons, we've still got last season's team, with last season's weaknesses, and last season's recurring injuries.

Liverpool and Spurs are on a high because both teams beat Chelsea. In contrast, we lost a game that we should have won, and then (not for the first time) lost our heads.

He's brought the age down, some underperformers are now doing the business, we've got some top young players, we've beaten Barca, played some great stuff and, by all accounts, have one of Brazil's best young players about to start

Why the doom and gloom? I can only think that some expected too much.
Yes, we haven't improved much at the back but if we had then we probably wouldn't have got Sane and Jesus people would be moaning we still have a Nasri and Navas

We've got the best manager in the world and some of the best players in Europe - of course we can win the league!

He's brought the age down, some underperformers are now doing the business, we've got some top young players, we've beaten Barca, played some great stuff and, by all accounts, have one of Brazil's best young players about to start

Why the doom and gloom? I can only think that some expected too much.
Yes, we haven't improved much at the back but if we had then we probably wouldn't have got Sane and Jesus people would be moaning we still have a Nasri and Navas

We've got the best manager in the world and some of the best players in Europe - of course we can win the league!

A lot of the misery is being fuelled by the media.

We are being made to feel bad about beating Burnley with ten men & winning 4 of our 5 Christmas period games.

Think we'll finish 3rd behind Chelsea & Liverpool.

Feel we are a bit naive at the moment and lack leadership on the pitch, as well as our obvious weaknesses at the back.

Hope I'm wrong! think we'll win the FA Cup, which with a 3rd place finish, would be a solid start to build on for Pep.
The last few games City have shown spirit in bucket-loads. Arsenal 2nd half where we tackled them off the pitch, and Burnley when we won with 10 men and against 12 with a tired team.

We might well win the league. We are 7 points behind Chelsea, but we can improve. I'm not sure the others can.

There's also Jesus to come in, and possibly Kompany to return as well.

It ain't over till it's over.

Next 6 fixtures for the current top 6 clubs

Chelsea

Leicester (A)
Hull (H)
Liverpool (A)
Arsenal (H)
Burnley (A)
Swansea (H)

Liverpool

rags (A)
Swansea (H)
Chelsea (H)
Hull (A)
Spurs (H)
Leicester (A)

Spurs

WBA (H)
Mighty Blues (A)
Sunderland (H)
Boro (A)
Liverpool (A)
Stoke (H)

Arsenal

Swansea (A)
Burnley (H)
Watford (H)
Chelsea (A)
Hull (H)
Southampton (A)

Rags

Liverpool (H)
Stoke (A)
Hull (H)
Leicester (A)
Watford (H)
Might blues (A)

That's the next 6 league fixtures for our top 6 rivals which takes us to the beginning of March. Liverpool & rags also have a 2 leg semi Carling Cup to play.

Our next 6 fixtures

Everton (A)
Spurs (H)
West Ham (A)
Swansea (H)
Bournemouth (A)
rags (H)

Plenty of points to be won and dropped over the next 6-8 weeks for all the top 6.

I think we will be 3 points behind after them 6 games. All to play for now.

The last few games City have shown spirit in bucket-loads. Arsenal 2nd half where we tackled them off the pitch, and Burnley when we won with 10 men and against 12 with a tired team.

We might well win the league. We are 7 points behind Chelsea, but we can improve. I'm not sure the others can.

There's also Jesus to come in, and possibly Kompany to return as well.
Kompany returning would be a game changer but unfortunately I'm not getting my hopes up following his problems.

The title race was never off. 54 points to play for still. I reckon 84 could be enough, so thats 42 more points. As long as we dont drop twelve more points, big ask, i think its ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.