20 million.....And it's supposed to be us ruining football!!

stony said:
1.618034 said:
I don't think King Kenny will make it through the season.

I don't mind Dalglish, although I can't stand the way the scousers fawn over him.

He's one of the good guys, Wenger and bacon face should try to acting with as much class and dignity.

I can't help feeling he's heading for another breakdown before the season is over. Apart from Suarez he's bought poorly.

Downing, Henderson, Carrol and Adam are not going to get you in the top 4.
When you look at their squad and ours, the difference in class is embarrassing.

Compare and contrast...

Liverpool Midfielders

Gerrard
Adam
Downing
Henderson
Meireles
Cole
Rodríguez
Spearing
Lucas Leiva
Poulsen
Shelvey

City Midfielders

Gareth Barry
Adam Johnson
Nigel de Jong
James Milner
Abdul Razak
David Silva
Yaya Toure
Vladimir Weiss
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Samir Nasri

I can be quite critical of AJ at times but he pisses all over Downing, £20m for him is only marginally less funny than the same amount for Henderson. I like Dalgish but he really is making a rod for his own back with some of these signings.

lancs blue said:
I can be quite critical of AJ at times but he pisses all over Downing, £20m for him is only marginally less funny than the same amount for Henderson. I like Dalgish but he really is making a rod for his own back with some of these signings.

I disagree,AJ may be the more skillful and have a bit more in his locker but Downing is stronger and more reliable/consistent.

AJ is the far better option from the bench.

Shocking price for an average PL winger, I would have guessed around £12-14m, but I guess Liverpool seriously needed to do some "association trained" shopping as they only had Gerrard, Johnson and Carragher as 1st team Association trained with Gerrard and Carra both the wrong side of 31 now. I suppose you could add Joe Cole but he's starting to look bad value even as a free transfer :-)

Our UK based signings over the last few years (qualifying as home grown), 9 in total, average of £10m each. Of them only Bridge, SWP & Bellamy were "failures" (around £30m) although I still think we overpaid badly for Lescott and a little for Milner.

AJ £7m
Clichy £7m
Given £8m
Barry £12m
Lescott £24m
Milner £22m

SWP £9m
Bridge £10m
Bellamy £12m

Anyone else think Villa are likely to REALLY struggle this season unless they make some signings soon?

by the looks of it to me he is gettin in british players n one by one the deadwood foreign players will leave. maybe dalglish carnt work with overseas players he's goin for harder workin british players.

@philmcnulty
Phil McNulty
And plenty of suggestions tonight that Luka Modric has now submitted a formal written transfer request - no word back as yet from Spurs. #fb
39 seconds ago via web

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.