Anna Calvi - Anna Calvi
The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Belong
Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds - Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds
Pete And The Pirates - One Thousand Pictures
Yuck - Yuck
The Panics - Rain On The Humming Wire
Cloud Nothings - Cloud Nothings
3 Daft Monkeys - Social Vertigo

And a mention for All The Young, whose Quiet Night In EP is superb. I can't wait to hear the album when it's released
Have to disagree with Yuck. When I was listening to the album I really felt 'it', but when I turned it off I quickly forgot most of the songs, bar two or three.

A promising debut, no doubt, just not one of the best of the year for me.

I know what you mean, but this has been an almost permanent fixture in the car so it's in my head now. A lot of the bands they are obviously influenced by (Sonic Youth, Teenage Fanclub, My Bloody Valentine, The Wedding Present, The Pixies) I love, so a bit of a win win situation for me

acquiesce said:
peoffrey said:
acquiesce said:
1. The Joy Formidable-The Big Roar

Did you see them live yet? They make one hell of a noise for a 3 piece.

Hehe, not gonna lie, I've seen them 8 times already. They are absolutely amazing live. And you're right for a 3 piece it's absolutely amazing. Similar to Muse in "wall of sound" for a three piece. Just brilliant live, for me the best live band around at the moment.

Looks like they'll be in our studio soon too, cannot wait, belting band.

Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa - Don't Explain

Just pure, pure class from start to finish. Beth's voice compliments Joe's fantastic blues guitar playing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2egMG4uFd8A[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7_0YVrj9LI[/youtube]

MCFC BOB said:
I've fallen out with Q Magazine; apparently Mylo Xyloto is the 5th best album of the year.

I'm amazed you liked it in the first place. Q is terrible. A chunky magazine for middle aged people who used to buy their music in Sainsbury's during the weekly shop. Admittedly, I read NME but it's largely for the gig guide, interviews and random shit.

peoffrey said:
MCFC BOB said:
I've fallen out with Q Magazine; apparently Mylo Xyloto is the 5th best album of the year.

I'm amazed you liked it in the first place. Q is terrible. A chunky magazine for middle aged people who used to buy their music in Sainsbury's during the weekly shop. Admittedly, I read NME but it's largely for the gig guide, interviews and random shit.

Now hold on a mo...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.