2012 Ryder Cup...

I love the Ryder Cup... alot of banter aswell.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYJ8b28Cd88" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYJ8b28Cd88</a>

sinnerman said:
Blue Punter said:
sinnerman said:
Number of people in the world top 20 for a start...

12 Yanks v 6 Europeans I think

That's a fair stat, but it's always been the case that the Americans have had the higher ranked players.

I can't recall a Ryder Cup where EUR had 4 of the top 5 in the world rankings.

True, but regardless of us, the Yanks are better placed than 2 years ago, coupled with Tiger back to some sort of form and home advantage...it's a close call. We may still win as they are notoriously poor at team play, but I won't be financially backing us.

Can't wait though.
How are they better placed than last time with fewer in the top ten and the same in the top 20?

SWP's back said:
sinnerman said:
Blue Punter said:
That's a fair stat, but it's always been the case that the Americans have had the higher ranked players.

True, but regardless of us, the Yanks are better placed than 2 years ago, coupled with Tiger back to some sort of form and home advantage...it's a close call. We may still win as they are notoriously poor at team play, but I won't be financially backing us.

Can't wait though.
How are they better placed than last time with fewer in the top ten and the same in the top 20?
I have asked that very same question
If anything we are stronger,as blue punter has said we have 4 of the top 5 in the world.

Genuinely think that the Americans are just too strong and will win comfortably.

Im on Rory top Euro.
DJ top US.
And the double.

SWP's back said:
sinnerman said:
Blue Punter said:

Can't wait though.

Really? I must have miscounted when I checked the numbers. Even so, they're at home and Tigers on form so those two factors alone make them better placed than two years ago don't you think. I'm not saying they'll win, just that I'm not as confident.

Rumour has it that Betfred are going 2/1 on the Europe win between 12 and 2 oclock. Maximum £200 bet and can be done in shop/online or by phone.

All over that.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:27 am --<br /><br />What would everybody pick for the foursomes? For me its:

Donald/Garcia
Rose/Poulter
McIlroy/McDowell
Molinari/Colsaerts

SWP's back said:
sinnerman said:
Blue Punter said:

Can't wait though.

Westwood and Donald may be in the top 4 in the world but they peaked last year, Westwood in 2010.

The US have 2 major champions this year, we only have Rory.

Despite having won 1 more tournament compared to the US this season, you have to look at the quality of the tournaments won. The Americans have won The Masters, The US Open, The Players, The Tour Championship whilst the Europeans have won 1 WGC(Rose), 1 major(McIlroy) and 2 FedEx Cup(McIlroy). The Americans have players who won at Quail Hollow, the Accenture Matchplay and a FedEx Cup event who didn't qualify for the team. Donald did win the PGA Championship at Wentworth, but there weren't any American challengers, out of the other members of the team the most impressive victory is Colsaerts at the Volvo Matchplay, but even that field was weaker than anything on the PGA Tour.

Europe have to carry Kaymer unless he has miraculously returned to form, Hanson and Molinari, who despite improving from 2 years ago had to be carried at Celtic Manor and have little experience on American soil. Westwood has been a donkey in recent months and Colsaerts is a debutant.

We can win it, but it will take the key players winning all their matches and praying for one of the lesser ones to turn into a star, the Americans have to be favourites, Europe were the stronger team in 2008 and still got thumped, the crowd is a big factor and the Americans have some cracking players this time.

Finally, it is just my opinion but I don't think the World Rankings are worth the paper they are written on, far too volatile and favour 2 good weeks over continued good form.

I thought, just as a comparison:

Rankings of US(2008): 2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 20, 23, 30, 35, 36, 56, 57. Ave=24.75.
Rankings of Europe(2008): 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 19, 29, 32, 38, 42, 48. Ave=21.42.

Rankings of US(2012): 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 23. Ave=12.2.
Rankings of Europe(2012): 1, 3, 4, 5, 18, 19, 25, 26, 28, 31, 32, 35. Ave=18.92.

USA on paper have a much stronger team, over twice as good as compared to the one that beat us 4 years ago by that.

Richard said:
Rumour has it that Betfred are going 2/1 on the Europe win between 12 and 2 oclock. Maximum £200 bet and can be done in shop/online or by phone.

All over that.

They are 7/4-15/8 in places anyway so they arnt giving much really..
Although a lot of bookies are doing these daily enhanced prices at certain times which is always good..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.