2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

Since we seem to have 2 threads on this then I'll put this in here too...

I used to be very bothered that we MUST have white shorts for the home kit, but now I'm pretty ambivalent that we sometimes get blue. As far as I can tell our current "identity" is with the colour alone. Since we're the only big (for want of a better word) British club to wear that colour then the shorts and socks can vary, whilst all those clubs who wear red need to have a core design which identifies them.

The rags have white shorts/black socks (although they do wear white socks in Europe, which btw was news to a rag friend/season ticket holder of many years, who hadn't noticed that they did that!?), Arsenal have white sleeves/shorts, dippers are all red etc. Barca change design quite a bit, look at this season's with hoops and red shorts, but it's obvious from just the colours that it's still them. I think there are very few who think that they're watching Basle or Palace. Same with us. Along with the new badge it'll be blindingly obvious that the team/kit you're looking at is Manchester City. You could even say that on the European stage then having blue shorts differentiates us from Napoli/Lazio who, afaik haven't ever had blue shorts.

Would I prefer that we always had white shorts/trim? Yes.

Would I prefer that the socks were blue with maroon & white tops? Yes. But that's no doubt influenced by my age and I appreciate that others have their own preferences, again depending mainly on their age.

Am I upset when we don't get that? Not any more. It'd just be an exercise in futility, these days.

Up The Blues!

Yep, but it's been pointed out over and over and over and over that 1. This was a departure from our traditional colours, and 2. The trim was white... and that's the important part - last season had no white at all for the frst time in our history which was why it was shite!
Also goes back to my original point with the diagrams.... would the rags have red shorts next season? Would the dippers have white shorts or socks? Would they fuck, so why should we be fucked about?

What is our colour Identity? Sky Blue, White, Navy? Sky Blue, White, Maroon?? Sky Blue, White, Navy, Gold???

What is our so-called home kit identity?? Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts, Sky Blue Socks? Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts, White Socks?? Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts, Navy Socks??? Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts, Maroon Socks????

What is our colour Identity? Sky Blue, White, Navy? Sky Blue, White, Maroon?? Sky Blue, White, Navy, Gold???

What is our so-called home kit identity?? Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts, Sky Blue Socks? Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts, White Socks?? Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts, Navy Socks??? Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts, Maroon Socks????
That IS the point I'm making - our history shows that sky blue shirts and white shorts are our colours - we need to wear this ALWAYS and settle om a sock colour. We need a settle on a kit and stick with it. To me this is far more important than the badge.

That IS the point I'm making - our history shows that sky blue shirts and white shorts are our colours - we need to wear this ALWAYS and settle om a sock colour. We need a settle on a kit and stick with it. To me this is far more important than the badge.

I totally agree with this mate. The colours that the team wear is the most identifiable thing about the club. Within one second of seeing Barca, The Shite, Liverpool, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Chelsea playing in their home kit, you know who it is straight away.

I saw a game on Sky the other day, The Shite were playing at Wembley and I didn't know who it was against. At first I thought it was Coventry, and it was only after about 5 seconds I realised it was City in 2011 wearing all blue. I've been following City for over 30 years, if I couldn't even tell straight away, what chance has the casual fan got?

The sky blue shirts and white shorts should be absolutely set in stone. No room for debate whatsoever. If Nike begged and pleaded to change them one year we should tell them to get to fuck. No, it's non-negotiable.

I made some predictions before the badge consultation, I said the round badge would be overwhelmingly popular, with the ship, and then there would be a fairly even split between the rivers and the rose. From memory, the round badge got 66% of the votes, the ship 94%, the rivers 67% and the rose about 60%, so I wasn't far off with my prediction. That was just based on blues I know, and reading these forums over the years.

If the club were to ask City fans their FIRST CHOICE preference for the kit, again, going off blues I know, and posts on here, I would say the vote would go something like:

Shirts
95% Sky blue
5% Lazer blue
0% Sky blue with white sleeves
0% Sky blue with navy sleeves

Shorts
90% white
10% blue

Socks
45% Sky blue
45% Navy blue
10% White / other.

So if 90% would pick white as their first choice for the shorts, why on earth would the club allow the designers to force them upon us? What sense does it make?

Similarly, again, based on what would be people's FIRST CHOICE I don't think there would be a single vote for sky blue shirts with navy blue sleeves, not a single one. I understand they need to change the kit a bit to generate interest, particularly from foreign fans, but if a design goes against the wishes of 100% of your core fans, why would you even consider it?

The socks is a more difficult one. We've worn navy from the beginning, and for the most amount of years in our history. But seemingly, we've worn sky blue socks during our most successful period. Navy socks are more unique to City, no other club wears that combination, and sky blue would probably be the colour most casual fans would assume is our regular sock colour. That being the case, perhaps the socks could be changed every so often to keep everyone happy. As long as they don't try and do both like they did with the badge and give us sky and navy hoops!!

People need to contact the club. It can be done via City voice. They promise to read every question. If enough fans do that there is more chance they will do something. I.e. consultation, vote, questionnaire. It's in the interests as it will increase sales the more popular the colours are.

I totally agree with this mate. The colours that the team wear is the most identifiable thing about the club. Within one second of seeing Barca, The Shite, Liverpool, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Chelsea playing in their home kit, you know who it is straight away.

I saw a game on Sky the other day, The Shite were playing at Wembley and I didn't know who it was against. At first I thought it was Coventry, and it was only after about 5 seconds I realised it was City in 2011 wearing all blue. I've been following City for over 30 years, if I couldn't even tell straight away, what chance has the casual fan got?

The sky blue shirts and white shorts should be absolutely set in stone. No room for debate whatsoever. If Nike begged and pleaded to change them one year we should tell them to get to fuck. No, it's non-negotiable.

I made some predictions before the badge consultation, I said the round badge would be overwhelmingly popular, with the ship, and then there would be a fairly even split between the rivers and the rose. From memory, the round badge got 66% of the votes, the ship 94%, the rivers 67% and the rose about 60%, so I wasn't far off with my prediction. That was just based on blues I know, and reading these forums over the years.

If the club were to ask City fans their FIRST CHOICE preference for the kit, again, going off blues I know, and posts on here, I would say the vote would go something like:

Shirts
95% Sky blue
5% Lazer blue
0% Sky blue with white sleeves
0% Sky blue with navy sleeves

Shorts
90% white
10% blue

Socks
45% Sky blue
45% Navy blue
10% White / other.

So if 90% would pick white as their first choice for the shorts, why on earth would the club allow the designers to force them upon us? What sense does it make?

Similarly, again, based on what would be people's FIRST CHOICE I don't think there would be a single vote for sky blue shirts with navy blue sleeves, not a single one. I understand they need to change the kit a bit to generate interest, particularly from foreign fans, but if a design goes against the wishes of 100% of your core fans, why would you even consider it?

The socks is a more difficult one. We've worn navy from the beginning, and for the most amount of years in our history. But seemingly, we've worn sky blue socks during our most successful period. Navy socks are more unique to City, no other club wears that combination, and sky blue would probably be the colour most casual fans would assume is our regular sock colour. That being the case, perhaps the socks could be changed every so often to keep everyone happy. As long as they don't try and do both like they did with the badge and give us sky and navy hoops!!

Sky Blue/White/Navy Hooped Socks.......very distinctive.......very classy

Happy New Year

Must dash....toot....toot.

Third kit

Purple & Orange with white trim apparently

179FA1BD-5C6F-48F8-9651-AAEDDB1EFEA1_zpsyrfmkdjo.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.