2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

For Nike, I really liked our 13/14 kit. The white makes any of our kits look better. 12/13 and 14/15 were monstrositys.

The word 'brand' is bandied around a lot these day, but I prefer to think of our club colours as our identity. To me, skyblue shirt, white shorts and skyblue socks is that identity – yet just looking at our last 15 kits, shows how up and down our kit design has been...

am2lw4.jpg

Our kit is all over the place... is it blue shorts, is it white. What shade of blue is it etc... compare that to our Premier League rivals...

5tf20.jpg

2e58poh.jpg

beakwo.jpg

35cmo05.jpg

hardly any difference in kit at all – they have their identity and stick rigorously to it... so should we!!!
2009/10s top and shorts + 2010/11s socks.

Sorted. Might even make the badge look good...jk

The word 'brand' is bandied around a lot these day, but I prefer to think of our club colours as our identity. To me, skyblue shirt, white shorts and skyblue socks is that identity – yet just looking at our last 15 kits, shows how up and down our kit design has been...

am2lw4.jpg

Our kit is all over the place... is it blue shorts, is it white. What shade of blue is it etc... compare that to our Premier League rivals...

5tf20.jpg

2e58poh.jpg

beakwo.jpg

35cmo05.jpg

hardly any difference in kit at all – they have their identity and stick rigorously to it... so should we!!!

Great post mate. I hope the club see this and realise how silly it looks changing it every season.

It's too easy for the club to hide behind Nike and say it's all their fault. Look at The Shite's kit up there, 14 out of 15 kits made by Nike, all exactly the same core identity.

No other top club puts up with their identity being messed around with, and neither should we.

Great post mate. I hope the club see this and realise how silly it looks changing it every season.

It's too easy for the club to hide behind Nike and say it's all their fault. Look at The Shite's kit up there, 14 out of 15 kits made by Nike, all exactly the same core identity.

No other top club puts up with their identity being messed around with, and neither should we.

Barca dont seem to mind alternating every season, they go from blue shorts to red shorts, striped shirts to hooped shirts to half and half shirts with their home kit. I think they are top club. Through all those changes, they dont lose their 'identity' and we are thinking that a change of short colour in our own colours will 'lose our identity .... behave.

Barca dont seem to mind alternating every season, they go from blue shorts to red shorts, striped shirts to hooped shirts to half and half shirts with their home kit. I think they are top club.

Yes, but Barca's identity is "Blugrana" (blue and red) it's very distinctive to them and as they wear a striped kit, a change in the short colour isn't overly noticeable.

City's identity is sky blue and white, not sky blue and sky blue.

There should be one shade of blue i agree, however when it comes to the shorts im not that bothered. I forgot we wore blue shorts our title winning season, the blue shorts always remind me of the Stuart Pearce days haha.

As someone who started supporting in the 60's, sky blue and white are our colours. If you need a third colour, then it's maroon.

Bollox to navy blue trim and to any shorts that aren't white.

Fcukin meddlers!

Last edited:
Barca dont seem to mind alternating every season, they go from blue shorts to red shorts, striped shirts to hooped shirts to half and half shirts with their home kit. I think they are top club. Through all those changes, they dont lose their 'identity' and we are thinking that a change of short colour in our own colours will 'lose our identity .... behave.

Barca have the same striped shirt.,. This season is a change with hoops, but their colour sceme is so unique they get away with it. But look at Real Madrid, Inter, AC Milan, Juventus, Boca Juniors... all the most iconic teams you can think of, you could say right now what their kits are, and wha they will be next season - they have an identity. We need to settle on ours and not deviate from it!

Our good friends from Umbro had us playing in all blue kit from 1976 to 1985

Yep, but it's been pointed out over and over and over and over that 1. This was a departure from our traditional colours, and 2. The trim was white... and that's the important part - last season had no white at all for the frst time in our history which was why it was shite!
Also goes back to my original point with the diagrams.... would the rags have red shorts next season? Would the dippers have white shorts or socks? Would they fuck, so why should we be fucked about?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.