2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

This!

Unfortunately mate, the club knows what badge design is popular with fans, the Geek In Gav's one. But they chose to ignore it and are instead giving us something "Modern, Original" with at least 4 symbols crammed in.

The club know that blue shorts are unpopular. They know that white shorts and blue socks are popular. There have been thousands of posts on here about it over the years, and a lot of fans emailed them last time they disrespected our identity and removed white from the kit.

The problem is, they choose not to listen.

So you saying the club don't listen?

You are talking absolute bollocks in the nicest possible way.

Who said that Gavs designs are the most popular?
How do you know they haven't based the designs similar to Gav?
Have you seen the new badge, to make this assumption?
Have the club not listen to the fans about the Arsenal pricing structure of the Away games?
Did they not act on this by giving it at half price?
Who said that most fans want white shorts?
Haven't we always changed shorts colours through our history?

We are the best run club in England, If not the whole footballing world, yet you call the club for something you can't prove. The club do what is right for Manchester City and us fans. The problem is you can't make everybody happy, I may not like the current badge or the kit choice of colour but that is just tough shit. Im truly not arsed. What ever the badge will be I will warm to it, and it will end up like anything else be part of us and our DNA.

So you saying the club don't listen?

You are talking absolute bollocks in the nicest possible way.

Have the club not listen to the fans about the Arsenal pricing structure of the Away games?

We are the best run club in England, If not the whole footballing world, yet you call the club for something you can't prove. The club do what is right for Manchester City and us fans. The problem is you can't make everybody happy, I may not like the current badge or the kit choice of colour but that is just tough shit. Im truly not arsed. What ever the badge will be I will warm to it, and it will end up like anything else be part of us and our DNA.

You're not arsed? Good for you. I am arsed.

I'll answer your questions one by one.
The people who have posted on the badge threads over the last 3 years. If you don't believe me, feel free to go through the tens of thousands of posts.

Because Gav's popular designs were clean, simple and contained only a couple of elements. The shield, the ship and the 3 rivers. The club have already said there will be ship, 3 rivers, rose and 1894, so already it's impossible for it to be clean and simple like Gav's design. However good the design is, it's going to be busy and cluttered, and there was absolutely no appetite for that, in fact, quite the opposite.

No, but I have seen the elements that are included.

What has that got to do with the identity of the club,which was my grievance point?

See above.

Again, the overwhelming majority of fans who have posted on the kit and shorts threads over the years. You've already said you're not arsed, so perhaps you haven't kept up to date with those threads. Well I have, and I assure you that white shorts are overwhelmingly popular, feel free to trawl through the threads.

No. We had a short period in the late 70s where Umbro decided to change the colour of the shorts and Peter Swales let them. That's not my view, that's backed up by the club historian. And then in recent years the executives of the club have allowed the manufacturer do whatever they please with our colours. It doesn't happen at The Shite, doesn't happen at Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, but liddle ol ciddy, oh yeh, let the designers do whatever they want, fuck the fans.

You're not arsed? Good for you. I am arsed.

What has that got to do with the identity of the club,which was my grievance point?

See above.

Right first off, you said the club don't listen. Clearly thats false.

sneak peek of the new home shirt!!!

10561753_10153979856397189_4862277137755052460_n.jpg

so one of the city facebook groups states. won me some decent Wonga in the summer transfer market and put the badge out before people found it on the government registering sites! gets shit loads of stuff correct as well!

In other thread it is said this kit is a concept by a designer. So who knows. Given Nike's history with Barca (and our yellow and purple kits this year) we are going to have to be prepared for some pretty outlandish kit designs in the coming years I think. Which is pretty funny for a fan base who would literally have the same home and away every year if they could

The word 'brand' is bandied around a lot these day, but I prefer to think of our club colours as our identity. To me, skyblue shirt, white shorts and skyblue socks is that identity – yet just looking at our last 15 kits, shows how up and down our kit design has been...

am2lw4.jpg

Our kit is all over the place... is it blue shorts, is it white. What shade of blue is it etc... compare that to our Premier League rivals...

5tf20.jpg

2e58poh.jpg

beakwo.jpg

35cmo05.jpg

hardly any difference in kit at all – they have their identity and stick rigorously to it... so should we!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.