2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

I rather dislike blue shorts, we just don't look right in them. Those late 70s kits were shite and so were the 2011-12 and 2014-15 kits.

At least we're going to have ditched the stars, the Latin and the bird deepthroating a banana by then! But, for me, the colour scheme of the full kit is even more important than the badge.

What is our colour Identity? Sky Blue, White, Navy? Sky Blue, White, Maroon?? Sky Blue, White, Navy, Gold???

What is our so-called home kit identity?? Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts, Sky Blue Socks? Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts, White Socks?? Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts, Navy Socks??? Sky Blue Shirt, White Shorts, Maroon Socks????
For 74 years (nearly double the amount of time of the runner up) our colour scheme has been:
sky blue shirts with white trim
white shorts
navy socks.

Surprisingly we've only had sky blue socks with maroon turnovers for six years in our entire history.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="KippaxCitizen

Surprisingly we've only had sky blue socks with maroon turnovers for two years in our entire history.[/QUOTE]

2010/11 ?

For 74 years (nearly double the amount of time of the runner up) our colour scheme has been:
sky blue shirts with white trim
white shorts
navy socks.

Surprisingly we've only had sky blue socks with maroon turnovers for two years in our entire history.

Good post, it's absolutely bizarre to me that the navy blue socks have seemingly been completely dismissed by the club.

They are very popular with a high proportion of fans, and sky blue shirts, white shorts and navy socks is a completely unique combination to City. No other club in the world wear that.

Why on earth the club have decided we won't ever have this combination again is just beyond me.

Good post, it's absolutely bizarre to me that the navy blue socks have seemingly been completely dismissed by the club.

They are very popular with a high proportion of fans, and sky blue shirts, white shorts and navy socks is a completely unique combination to City. No other club in the world wear that.

Why on earth the club have decided we won't ever have this combination again is just beyond me.

its to allow for an away or third all dark blue kit surely, and weve had a fair few of them havent we?

its to allow for an away or third all dark blue kit surely, and weve had a fair few of them havent we?

Surely the two things aren't exclusive though?

The Shite have played in black socks every year since the early 70s and they have black away / third kits all the time.

[QUOTE="KippaxCitizen

Surprisingly we've only had sky blue socks with maroon turnovers for two years in our entire history.

2010/11 ?
Sorry i was incorrect with that, it is 6 years, not two.

I am now utterly lost on this kit issue. Agree about the white shorts but then I did see the old all blue in the 70s as so has sentimental value, although my first games were with the white shorts in the Bell days. I also remember the navy socks in the 90s and can't now remember when the sky blue socks came in.

And then I find this and am now completely confused.

DenLaw_310x416.jpg

I am now utterly lost on this kit issue. Agree about the white shorts but then I did see the old all blue in the 70s as so has sentimental value, although my first games were with the white shorts in the Bell days. I also remember the navy socks in the 90s and can't now remember when the sky blue socks came in.

And then I find this and am now completely confused.

DenLaw_310x416.jpg

We wore those socks at the time our away kit was that colour blue with a red and white diagonal sash...

2ce3wr5.jpg

As for the home kit... it's fucking simple...

• SKY BLUE SHIRT with WHITE TRIM,
• WHITE SHORTS
• PICK A SOCK COLOUR.... AND STICK WITH IT!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.