2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

Good post, it's absolutely bizarre to me that the navy blue socks have seemingly been completely dismissed by the club.

They are very popular with a high proportion of fans, and sky blue shirts, white shorts and navy socks is a completely unique combination to City. No other club in the world wear that.

Why on earth the club have decided we won't ever have this combination again is just beyond me.
For me, it's all about being unique.

Sky-white-navy, as you say, is totally unique. sky-white-sky/sky-sky-sky/sky-sky-white could be anyone from Coventry to Lazio to Cetla to Zenit.

Even if you deleted all the text from this poster, it just looks like Manchester City:
mcfc028.jpg

We had navy socks from our inception in 1894 right through to 1951 (with the exception of two years with black socks) it's a shame we never have them as part of our kits these days, i think it looks great. Instantly recognisable as City.

We wore those socks at the time our away kit was that colour blue with a red and white diagonal sash...

2ce3wr5.jpg

As for the home kit... it's fucking simple...

• SKY BLUE SHIRT with WHITE TRIM,
• WHITE SHORTS
• PICK A SOCK COLOUR.... AND STICK WITH IT!!!!!
Yes, I remember that kit and the reverse white one. The point I made was the lack of consistency.

So I'm with you. I wish that the club would just stick to a kit. Possibly time for another fan consultation...

The problem with sticking with very classic simple designs is you don't get the differentiation that drives shirt sails. The rags are the worst for bringing out distinctive (but rank) shirts. It's a balance you need to get right and to be fair we could do a lot worse!

Right... obviously got too much time on my hands – but using Historic Kits as my guide, and using kits since the formation of City (not counting Munich memorial one-off kit) – we have had a grand total of 56 kits. Out of them the split is...

SHIRTS
Sky Blue – 52
Laser Blue - 4

SHORTS
White - 45
Sky Blue - 10
Black - 1

SOCKS
Sky Blue - 27
White - 5
Navy - 14
Black - 2
Sky Blue/White Hoops - 5
Laser/Navy Hoops - 2
Sky/White/Maroon Hoops - 1

So the kit we wear most is SKY BLUE SHIRT (93%), WHITE SHORTS (80%) and SKY BLUE SOCKS (45%)... there you go City, that's our identity STICK WITH IT...

20a6kv5.jpg

...oh and read that people complaining about last season's all sky blue kit were told that their comments would be passed on to Nike... what?!? Nike should have absolutely fuck all say in what our colours are... the above kit should be set in stone, no fucking about! Change neck styles etc., but do not fuck with the colours!

For me, it's all about being unique.

Sky-white-navy, as you say, is totally unique. sky-white-sky/sky-sky-sky/sky-sky-white could be anyone from Coventry to Lazio to Cetla to Zenit.

Even if you deleted all the text from this poster, it just looks like Manchester City:
mcfc028.jpg

We had navy socks from our inception in 1894 right through to 1951 (with the exception of two years with black socks) it's a shame we never have them as part of our kits these days, i think it looks great. Instantly recognisable as City.

How is it instantly recognisable as City if we haven't had them since 1951?

Yes, I remember that kit and the reverse white one. The point I made was the lack of consistency.

So I'm with you. I wish that the club would just stick to a kit. Possibly time for another fan consultation...
Did we ever find out why we. Had numbers on the arm of these kits ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.