2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

I am now utterly lost on this kit issue. Agree about the white shorts but then I did see the old all blue in the 70s as so has sentimental value, although my first games were with the white shorts in the Bell days. I also remember the navy socks in the 90s and can't now remember when the sky blue socks came in.

And then I find this and am now completely confused.

DenLaw_310x416.jpg
Those are the socks from thec72/73 dark blue third kit

For me, it's all about being unique.

Sky-white-navy, as you say, is totally unique. sky-white-sky/sky-sky-sky/sky-sky-white could be anyone from Coventry to Lazio to Cetla to Zenit.

Even if you deleted all the text from this poster, it just looks like Manchester City:
mcfc028.jpg

We had navy socks from our inception in 1894 right through to 1951 (with the exception of two years with black socks) it's a shame we never have them as part of our kits these days, i think it looks great. Instantly recognisable as City.

Couldn't agree with you more mate. Someone at the club has decided they don't like navy blue socks, for whatever reason.

There should be, and I believe there will be a Cityzens consultation on the core kit colours next season. Thankfully after that we won't end up sky blue shorts or navy sleeves or whatever again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.