2020/21 - A New Season

I don't know where people are getting this thought that Liverpool will dip a lot (pardon the pun)? They didn't after missing out on the final day, then winning the CL, and their squad certainly isn't an aging one. They are going to be hard to beat again this season.

The Rags will be more of a threat (they had our number last year) but we'll still be stronger - we really owe them in the derbies this season.

Chelsea look strong IMO, they have spent and spent big but also brought in excellent experience in thiago Silva.

Arsenal will still be a fair bit behind, so will spurs.

We desperately need another CB and I feel we're still light in the out-and-out striker dept. Cancelo is like a new signing based on the post-covid mini season, Rodri will improve and Foden is ready to step up another level. I've been a little bit disappointed with our business so far but still plenty of time.

One thing is I don't think we'll be looking at the 98-100 point mark to win the title this year, with teams looking more competitive 85-90 could be enough IMO

I don't know where people are getting this thought that Liverpool will dip a lot (pardon the pun)? They didn't after missing out on the final day, then winning the CL, and their squad certainly isn't an aging one. They are going to be hard to beat again this season.

The Rags will be more of a threat (they had our number last year) but we'll still be stronger - we really owe them in the derbies this season.

Chelsea look strong IMO, they have spent and spent big but also brought in excellent experience in thiago Silva.

Arsenal will still be a fair bit behind, so will spurs.

We desperately need another CB and I feel we're still light in the out-and-out striker dept. Cancelo is like a new signing based on the post-covid mini season, Rodri will improve and Foden is ready to step up another level. I've been a little bit disappointed with our business so far but still plenty of time.

One thing is I don't think we'll be looking at the 98-100 point mark to win the title this year, with teams looking more competitive 85-90 could be enough IMO
Liverpool will find it difficult to stay at the same level after huge effort from a relatively small group of players.

I am a realist, the squad is a year older and last season we were poor.
Is it older, Silva and Fernandinho have gone or will feature little. Some players like Jesus, Sterling, Foden Bernardo, Laporte Rodri are older but not old and probably closer to their peaks. Ake Torres and a new centre back will improve us. We weren’t poor either just not at the level of the two seasons before.

Find the Pep 1 yr left and Messi saga a bit like both are not as committed as the average fan. See next year as a repeat of this as LFC still on a high. Strange season ahead with Covid etc so anything could happen.

we have very good team.

I think 2 players in - centre back and midfilder or attacker.

we ready to go.

Our issue last season was poor finishing and lapse of concentration in defensive areas.

Koulibaly/Ake will hopefully address the latter. Unless we sign a world class finisher I don't see us having a season much different to the one just gone (unless Kun goes most of the season with any injuries which is highly unlikely).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.