2020/21 - A New Season

Does anyone know when "pre-season" starts for us?

Is it 2 weeks after the Lyon game?

I have just seen the proposed schedule for next season - apparently we start a few days later than others because of our UEFA game. What really surprised me was the number of International breaks - do the clowns at FIFA and/or UEFA not realise that leagues are cramming games into tight schedules? Players are human beings not mechanical robots.

There are ongoing Phase 3 trials in several countries across the world. Several vaccines have been found to raise neutralising antibody titres in human beings well above the levels seen in recovered patients.
You seen very excited about vaccines.
Why do we need vaccines as fans to watch
But the players dont need them to play.
Bizzare.

During the period (however long it is) that fans aren't allowed in stadiums, will 3pm kick offs be televised?

During the period (however long it is) that fans aren't allowed in stadiums, will 3pm kick offs be televised?

I certainly hope so ... otherwise if some games are completely behind closed doors and can’t even watch them on telly, it’s going to be a boring season ... and recipe to ensure for another scouse win ... remember how VAR kept giving them smallest of advantages early on in the season and kept screwing us over long enough to get them that head start and build the lead even they couldn’t fumble ...

Actually this whole nonsense of giving us a late start for us to be able to have 30 days rest is stupid and geared in their favour ... they’d have full clear week from one game to next for first few game weeks while we’d be playing every three days for first 3-4 fixtures ... and all the while we’re being told it’s for our own good.

I’m sure I’ll be up for it as soon as it does start but right now I’m still feeling so disappointed about how it all ended. Not just a Lyon fiasco but the Arsenal semi-final as well. Everything was preparing for and pointed to the cups and we blew both of them. And I’m fed up hearing people talking about Sterlings miss and that Klopp is now a better manager than Pep. I hope the squad are going to be angry. And have an energy and hunger back that was lacking last season. Understandable after some absolute heroics the two seasons before which the media all seem to forget right now

The other point of reflection for me is imagine how we would be feeling right now if we had that end to the season AND we were still banned for two years! So, raw feeling will go I’m pretty sure we will get in two or three more quality players as we definitely need them. Need another centre half and we need another top quality striker as Sergio is in his last year and frankly we have come up short when the only option on the bench is more wingers/midfielders when we needed a goal Or something different (missed sane on that front). Foden to really step up this season too I hope and new Spanish whizz kid to excite us so much very quickly he merits an immediate song.

Actually in the short space it took to type that I feel more hopeful about next season! Come on city!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.