2020/21 - A New Season

Cynical me thinks we'll be home to Liverpool and United before Christmas, away to both in April time, by which time the fans may be back.
We/all teams should be playing the same team home & away in back to back games to negate any advantage and keep the integrity (haha) of the league but, we all suspect as you we'll get the shit end of the stick again.

Just heard its going to be 14,990 for the home games

Take no notice of Talkshite. Based on pure speculation.

The figure could be more or less depending on the rules and how clubs can implement them safely. Every ground is different

I know there’s still a month to go but inconsistency plagued last season, nine league defeats and big wins followed by unexpected losses, including limp cup exits. It seems a long way from the previous two seasons when we were so difficult to beat and there is a big ask to catch Liverpool. No doubt the squad will be pissed off after Lyon, as we all are, but I’m not at all convinced we will be ready to target 90+ points which will probably be needed to regain the title.

Still a lot of positives of course: the best midfielder in world football, Laporte fitness, natural central defenders, Foden is without question ready, Cancelo seems to have settled, Fernandinho back to DM?, Sergio still reliable for 20 goals a season

Negatives: Still no natural leader to replace Vinny, Sane gone and the blistering pace he gave to the side, Silva gone, Rodri unconvincing, that partnership with Gundogan, a frustrating inability to break down a 10 man defence

Very, there wasn't as much wrong as we think last season, nothing a fit Laporte, Ake and a new C.B won't fix. Think we'll have more energy in midfield.

I think it's going to be tough.

We can't seem to string a run of wins together. And while we'll have a few new players I thinks it's just as important that we get our mentality back.

Our losses seem to.follow the same pattern, and if we have "one of those days" in the first month of the season, I'll be worried.

We have to improve, I can’t see how a team of our quality can lose 9 games again but we’re not ready to be chasing another 100 point season so for us to win it back we’re going to need Liverpool to drop off almost as dramatically as we had last season, a few key injuries, bad decisions, and bad luck for them will sort that out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.