2020/21 - A New Season

What will be will be.

Hopefully the boys will be fired up and have something to prove.

This is going to be another weird season just hope we end up on top!
I still that some will be unhappy after Lyon, poor performance and defeat.

It really feels like the Messi saga could derail our whole season if things dont get sorted relatively quickly one way or the other. Our defensive issues are far from sorted and the koulibaly deal looks way off. All our attention is on Messi, we have some players still recovering from injury, other players still on their holidays it would seem, stupid internationals and at the moment a squad that could change drastically over the next few weeks. Not exactly ideal.

Agreed, this season we need to get off to a flyer.

And so far the summer window is very underwhelming , we have serious flaws in the squad, Ake a squad upgrade without doubt and Torres, good signing but more a mid to long term effect.

Desperate for a quality CB , LB and CM.
Just a centre back really. Think we'll only get a centre back too. Plus Messi hopefully but if we don't think we'll leave it at that and be fine.

I am getting increasingly concerned that we don’t seem to be upto speed for the new season. We were very erratic last year at times and since the we have lost Sane and Merlin and Fern is a year older. Ok the two new signings so far but the season kicks off in 9 days and I am not even sure many players are back.

Aguero won’t be anywhere near fit, messi and the Napoli defender transfers seem a headache! Pep is in quartabtine? We have played no pre season games and we are playing catch up straight away and Liverpool and Arsenal seem to have been in training for 3 weeks. Add in a very tough away game at wolves and I sense a poor start. We could be six points behind Liverpool in the first week.
Our first match isn't until 21st September, 3/4 of the team are away with the national team, it's not like the squad are sat in front of the TV eating a tub of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.
We get just under 3 weeks to get ready, the players had 3 and a bit months off, they won't need a full pre season as usual.
We'll be fine.

Whilst the season itself starts next weekend, we've got an extra week to prepare so it's no surprise if we're behind other teams' schedules is it?

Just a centre back really. Think we'll only get a centre back too. Plus Messi hopefully but if we don't think we'll leave it at that and be fine.
CB and Messi to me is not enough.

CM and LB big priorities if we want the title back.

With Messi in the team, some pace in the CB and CM is needed even more.

CB and Messi to me is not enough.

CM and LB big priorities if we want the title back.

With Messi in the team, some pace in the CB and CM is needed even more.
We have plenty in cm, KDB, Bernardo, Foden have plenty of energy. With 2 good centre backs benind him Rodri will have a great season.

We have plenty in cm, KDB, Bernardo, Foden have plenty of energy. With 2 good centre backs benind him Rodri will have a great season.
Bernardo, which player will turn up this season?

KDB , World class

Foden, Wonderful talent but still young, need to take care of him.

Rodri, quality but lacks mobility.

Gudo, quality but lacks mobility

Ani=other injury to KDB and the season is over

I still that some will be unhappy after Lyon, poor performance and defeat.
Well they dont belong at the club if they are still thinking about that game. Not that they will be of course, they are professional footballers after all.

Have we got any pre-season friendlies arranged? Not really been following the schedule.

I don't really think we've got time to arrange any have we Ric? Although I suppose they could do one with Oldham or Rochdale............... or even Stockport! ;-)

and of course, if Dave Whelan promises not to mention his broken leg, we could play Wigan?................. I'll get my coat!

Reactions: Ric

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.