2021-2022 Annual report - City post club record profits and revenues

Has the Etihad deal ever been confirmed as being renewed as it should have ended a couple of seasons ago(?).
Yeah it was renewed recently. It was like 40m/year for stadium + shirt + something else previously. Now it has been bumped a little I think.

WTF

I agreed with this:

"our commercial income is always the biggest source of ammo for people to fire at us, id love too see a full breakdown of who sponsors us (outside of the main ones like etihad/puma/nexen/ etc ) and for how much"

As the poster said, our commerical income is the biggest source of ammo for people to fire at us and usually based on conjecture and not facts. It pisses me off.

If you aren't interested in the facts - well good for you. But I am and I'd bet the 2 leading lights stefan and prestwichblue (plus many more) are as well based on the time and effort they have spent over the years extrapolating info and explaining to the masses. Add bluecitybrain to that as well with his sponsorship and transfer fees spreadsheets.
The bleating from the rags and dippers has been a joy to behold. The experts on here will correct if i am wrong, i am sure all our sponsors are scrutinised by UEFA, and have to be deemed fair value, non owner related etc. We don't need to satisfy the outraged Daily Mail readers, and explain our income.

This is a great summary, particularly the comparison offered to our main rivals.

The one area for improvement obviously remains match day income which lags that of our rivals even when adjusting for attendances. Clearly most of this reflects a pricing issue - and we don’t want that to change for the typical fan - but the break in the accounts caused by the pandemic offers an interesting insight into the efficiency (or lack of?) of the match day operation at City.

As widely reported match day income rose by £54mn from essentially zero in the previous accounts as crowds returned, but the reports show that the direct cost of these sales was around £8.5mn. That’s a cost ratio of around 16% of revenue. I’m not really sure what I expected for this figure, and obviously many, many businesses would be happy with this type of figure. But on first glance it does seem a bit high when you consider the typical cost incurred in getting the typical fan into and then out of the stadium during match day, serving him an overpriced pint of watered down lager etc.

Admittedly there may have been a couple of factors distorting this number last season. One is the extra costs incurred in employing additional staff/stewards on match day to deal with the COVID protocols. The other is the impact of the seats removed to accommodate the larger pitch side advertising, which may have reduced match day revenue by one or two million pounds, boosting commercial revenues by the same. But again, these are unlikely to have moved the dial that much, and when you consider the run we had in the Champions League, the fixed costs involved in the match day operation will have been spread out over a decent number of games.

Again, I don’t know how our cost figures compare to others and we could be relatively competitive. As a club we may simply be happy to spend extra so that fans with access issues etc have a better experience on match day, and that would be commendable. I’m also not an accountant so my read on the figures could be wrong. But on face value this does make me question whether the margin on some of the corporate offerings is especially good. It does however make a good argument for the North Stand expansion, if we can get another six or seven thousand into the ground without a big associated cost on match day.
We must lose big revenues because it is so difficult to buy food and drink in the stadium. I have been to every PL stadium and think we are one of the worst for service (certainly in my area of East Upper)

Being the most successful English team in last 10 years generates money. Broadcasting £249 million (and champions league money received over last 5 years is £479 million); match day revenue £54 million; player profits £68 million (£137 million playersprofit in last 2 years); Puma kit deal £65 million; Nexen sleeve sponsor £10 million. Total from these examples = £446 million.
Even if all the rest of money was from UAE (which it isn't), this would equal just 27% of total income.

City’s revenue has only gone up as much as Liverpool’s despite greater success over the same period. The most surprising thing is how United have managed to nearly maintain their income during a period of abject failure on the pitch - you could even say it is suspicious.
For the 2 years 2019 to 2021 no we at 45+ mil followed by 37mil for 2022.
LIverpool up by 30mil for 2019 - to 2021.
Accept looks different depending on the starting year.

Stefan's point was that for those looking from the outside we've accelerated through 2019-2022 when the sponsorship market was generally pandemic impacted.

United have always been suspicious :)

Last edited:
The bleating from the rags and dippers has been a joy to behold. The experts on here will correct if i am wrong, i am sure all our sponsors are scrutinised by UEFA, and have to be deemed fair value, non owner related etc. We don't need to satisfy the outraged Daily Mail readers, and explain our income.

Far too obvious for lazy and stero typical thinking of the rag and dipper supporters coupled with their sense of entitlement.

Two sets of abject twats.

Yeah it was renewed recently. It was like 40m/year for stadium + shirt + something else previously. Now it has been bumped a little I think.
It was renewed to £67.5 mil about 8 years ago. The figures are in the CAS2 settlement document.

For the 2 years 2019 to 2021 no we at 45+ mil followed by 37mil for 2022.
LIverpool up by 30mil for 2019 - to 2021.
Accept looks different depending on the starting year.

Stefan's point was that for those looking from the outside we've accelerated through 2019-2022 when the sponsorship market was generally pandemic impacted.

Hmm they've always been suspicious :)

When were you employed by Das Speigel ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.