2021 Rugby League Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Saints too strong for Leeds, although Brad Dwyer made an exciting game for it.

Paasi making a lot of yards for Saints after Tetevano was sent off for the late high shot. Makinson a regular threat too for Saints who, overall, were below their best.
Did well Leeds, considering.

Saints did to Leeds who had a man sent off, what City should have done to Leeds who had a man sent off!

Today’s fixtures:

About to kick off, 10:50, Brisbane v Penrith (not on Sky but if you can find the Fox Sports NRL channels anywhere this will be worth a watch because Penrith are the best team in rugby, great to watch!)

19:45 - Leeds v Wigan (Sky Sports Main Event)

Just read last nights game Hull KR had quickest try ever at 7 seconds.

Just read last nights game Hull KR had quickest try ever at 7 seconds.
I bloody missed that opening historic try because I made the mistake of thinking Everton v Spurs would be a good game, but switched over to the rugby after one throw-in took 53 seconds to take and there were about six dives.

If rugby is on at the same time as any footy other than City, I’ll be choosing the rugby from now on.

When it’s not City and there are no fans, football is quite a bland and boring sport with too much wrong with it; while rugby has changed its rules for the better, sped up the game, got more ball in play than any other code of football.

I bloody missed that opening historic try because I made the mistake of thinking Everton v Spurs would be a good game, but switched over to the rugby after one throw-in took 53 seconds to take and there were about six dives.

If rugby is on at the same time as any footy other than City, I’ll be choosing the rugby from now on.

When it’s not City and there are no fans, football is quite a bland and boring sport with too much wrong with it; while rugby has changed its rules for the better, sped up the game, got more ball in play than any other code of football.
Looks like highlights are on at 3pm of the Hull KR game. I missed it last night.

Ah, my Wire/City sparing partner on RL Fans, speaks the truth AGAIN.

Football could learn an ENCYCLOPEDIA of stuff from my other joint favourite sport

Timekeeping and transparency (for most of) Video Ref calls.

Football has so much it COULD learn, but alas, it chooses not to.

Ah, my Wire/City sparing partner on RL Fans, speaks the truth AGAIN.

Football could learn an ENCYCLOPEDIA of stuff from my other joint favourite sport

Timekeeping and transparency (for most of) Video Ref calls.

Football has so much it COULD learn, but alas, it chooses not to.
I’ve not been on RLFans since before the pandemic, the Saints fans were doing my head in too much haha

One thing football is starting to move into the new decade with is the HIAs, which is good to see. But so many of its other new rules or aspects to the game (VAR, or the way VAR is used) have taken football backwards instead of forwards. The ball in play stats for football are painful!

Very frustrating! Say we pay £50 for a game at the footy, we’re paying £16.67 of that to see a load of blokes stood around on some grass doing nothing. Yet we pay £18 to watch the rugby and get 80% of the game with the ball in-play.

While rugby league is at the forefront of innovation on how to take team sports forward, to keep the game flowing as much as possible, the speed the game up, to have the ball in-play as much as possible... while it’s by no means perfect, it baffles me how it has so few fans worldwide.

It’s easily as good a sport as football, and better in many ways.

Even rugby union admits rugby league is the most innovative sport in the world

I've been banging on about a stop clock in football for years, and the game finishes at 90:00. No injury times guess work for the spectators, or for certain teams to score.
Why the game has to stop for substitutions is beyond me. Use "rolling" subs, as RL does. Do footballers HAVE to have their egos massaged by being applauded off, and wasting time.
Free kicks, too. Some of those take over a minute to organise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.