2022 Rugby League World Cup Final(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Wire and Leeds are shite atm. Credit to Wakey on a convincing win at Warrington. Salford did the business last night.

Wakefield were full of flair with Leno and Escarrez taking the piss at times.

Wakefield were very good. Well deserved win for them.

Wire are so lightweight it’s going to be a long season. Needs to be a complete shake-up in our pack, they lay no platform for the rest of the team at all. They punch few holes, break few tackles, lack pace, don’t get quick PTBs… I know I say this every season but it’s still not been addressed.

I thought this season would be a bit of a free hit for Powell, but our defence (which was top notch under Price to be fair) is a big concern.

Bit of a shock Toulouse beating Saints!
Might be a tough nut to crack at home when the weather hots up in the south of France!

Bit of a shock Toulouse beating Saints!
Might be a tough nut to crack at home when the weather hots up in the south of France!

Yes, a huge result for them. Got within 1 dropkick of Wigan too a couple of weeks ago.
They seem to have adjusted pretty quickly - I wonder if they'll be a bit like Catalans and really difficult to beat at home.

On tele this weekend…​

THU 31st MARCH​

Wigan 20:00 Hull
Super League, Sky Sports Arena and Sky Sports Main Event (19:30)

FRI 1st APRIL​

Penrith 10:00 Souths
NRL, Sky Sports Arena (10:00)

Leeds 20:00 St Helens
Super League, Sky Sports Arena (19:00)

SAT 2nd APRIL​

North Queensland 09:35 Sydney
NRL, Sky Sports Arena (09:30)

SUN 3rd APRIL​

Parramatta 09:15 St George
NRL, Sky Sports Arena (09:10)

Last edited by a moderator:

On tele this weekend…​

THU 31st MARCH​

Wigan 20:00 Hull
Super League, Sky Sports Arena and Sky Sports Main Event (19:30)

FRI 1st APRIL​

Penrith 10:00 Souths
NRL, Sky Sports Arena (10:00)

Leeds 20:00 St Helens
Super League, Sky Sports Arena (19:00)

SAT 2nd APRIL​

North Queensland 09:35 Sydney
NRL, Sky Sports Arena (09:30)

SUN 3rd APRIL​

Parramatta 09:15 St George
NRL, Sky Sports Arena (09:10)
Leeds really have to find some fight otherwise Saints will knock up a cricket score.

Poor crowds at the Challenge Cup games at the weekend. The game is struggling atm.

Leeds really have to find some fight otherwise Saints will knock up a cricket score.

Poor crowds at the Challenge Cup games at the weekend. The game is struggling atm.
Crowds have been disappointing in Super League n’all. Marketing for the game across all teams, the governing body, and the TV companies is poor and always has been. I’m dreading the World Cup at these big stadiums like St James’ and Emirates etc. think we could see some embarrassing crowds.

A lot of fans have not come back to the game after the Covid. I’m one of them. Always been a casual Wire fan (only really go when the football season has finished and then into the Autumn, and I can’t really get over to Warrington from Wythenshawe in time on a Thursday or Friday evening because of work), but I’ve not been to a game since late 2019 probably won’t be going to one until June. Football is just too expensive through the season, plus any gigs I go to, to afford to go to the rugby n’all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.