2022 Rugby League World Cup Final(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
The tackles players are getting sin binned for this season is ruining the game!

Terrible officiating and it’s obviously come from above at the RFL… shite!
Leeds game Thursday was getting like NFL. Two x 40min halves. Kick off was 8pm and the match was still going on at 10pm. I honestly do understand safety, but for example, some of the ‘let’s go to VAR even though we don’t need to and wait 2/3 mins’ was farcical. Overall far too many delays across the board. And really noticeable compared to previous seasons.

On a different note, I’m fascinated by this research going on into concussions using gum shields.
In short, these can sense the amount of g force and direction a player has received in each tackle. It wouldn’t stop the big hits, but it would take the subjectivity out of what to do in the aftermath, and make it clear who should definitely come off.
In fact I think it would be a great idea in Boxing too, a sport where they could arguably just change the name to Concussion.

The tackles players are getting sin binned for this season is ruining the game. There fuck all in them, most are just incidental contact and barely even a penalty.

The Pearce one last night didn’t even touch the head, he had hold of the top of his back.

The first sin binning tonight was LAUGHABLE. Not every contact with the head is a penalty, let alone, a binning.

The second one (Watts).... he only has himself to blame. He knew what he was doing . A trailing arm, which WAS avoidable. With the new directive, it was inevitable he'd be in the bin.

The first sin binning tonight was LAUGHABLE. Not every contact with the head is a penalty, let alone, a binning.

The second one (Watts).... he only has himself to blame. A trailing arm, which WAS avoidable. With the new directive, it was inevitable he'd be in the bin.
I think Faraimoa’s(sp?) knees hit the Rovers’ lad’s body, and he was sin binned for a high tackle? Haha

Bizarre officiating!

The tackles players are getting sin binned for this season is ruining the game. There’s fuck all in them, most are just incidental contact and barely even a penalty.

The Pearce one last night didn’t even touch the head, he grabbed the top of his back.

What gets me about officiating in both codes of rugby tbh most of the decisions get referred to the TMO - its like officials are scared of a retrospective review pointing out errors so because its there they just go straight to it - and then people wonder why VAR is like it is........I said all along that football needs to look at other sports use of the tech before bringing it in. However other sports do it much better

Leeds game Thursday was getting like NFL. Two x 40min halves. Kick off was 8pm and the match was still going on at 10pm. I honestly do understand safety, but for example, some of the ‘let’s go to VAR even though we don’t need to and wait 2/3 mins’ was farcical. Overall far too many delays across the board. And really noticeable compared to previous seasons.

On a different note, I’m fascinated by this research going on into concussions using gum shields.
In short, these can sense the amount of g force and direction a player has received in each tackle. It wouldn’t stop the big hits, but it would take the subjectivity out of what to do in the aftermath, and make it clear who should definitely come off.
In fact I think it would be a great idea in Boxing too, a sport where they could arguably just change the name to Concussion.
The Leeds try in the first half was clearly legit on the first video clip. No tackle was made as the player edged over the line. Why waste a further 3 mins or so of video replays.

Catalans second try was clearly a shove but there was no video referral. I though the Catalans try that was disallowed was legit as the shove came after the ball had squirmed to their winger.

Whoever is trying to promote the game has strange ideas having a match that finishes after 10pm on a freezing Thursday, winter’s night.

The Leeds try in the first half was clearly legit on the first video clip. No tackle was made as the player edged over the line. Why waste a further 3 mins or so of video replays.

Catalans second try was clearly a shove but there was no video referral. I though the Catalans try that was disallowed was legit as the shove came after the ball had squirmed to their winger.

Whoever is trying to promote the game has strange ideas having a match that finishes after 10pm on a freezing Thursday, winter’s night.
Fully agreed mate.

And I can’t work out why the season needs to start in freezing February … (apart from cash, obviously)

Salford look like they're going to have a decent season (kiss of death now I've said it). Can't wait to go and watch a few games. Feels like ages since I've last been.
We weren't at the races yesterday at Hull!
Nearly all their tries were down our left side, with Burgess and Sarginson defending!
Surprising that 2 top professionals let so much through.
Hicks was woeful first half, and only started awarding us penalties when we were well behind in the 2nd half.
Ah well, Huddersfield away next Sunday, but I shall be at the Etihad for a certain game!!

We weren't at the races yesterday at Hull!
Nearly all their tries were down our left side, with Burgess and Sarginson defending!
Surprising that 2 top professionals let so much through.
Hicks was woeful first half, and only started awarding us penalties when we were well behind in the 2nd half.
Ah well, Huddersfield away next Sunday, but I shall be at the Etihad for a certain game!!
Back down to Earth with a bump!

Hopefully, a Salford - City double on Sunday!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.