2022 Rugby League World Cup Final(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Oldham v Rochdale was the game of the day.

FXUaGGQWYAImqsC
FXUaGGRWYAA3o8N

State of Origin, Game 3
Queensland Maroons v New South Wales Blues
Sky Sports Arena

This morning at 11:10. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane.

Doesn’t get much better in world sport than a Game 3 Origin decider. Highest quality rugby of either code played anywhere. Possibly the most intense game in any code of football played anywhere.

Highlights of Game1:

Highlights of Game 2:

For any non-rugby fans who might watch this game today but know nothing about it… the history of Origin dates back to 1908 when New South Wales beat Queensland in the first interstate game, 43-0. Annual games and series up to the late 1970s were usually won by New South Wales because the main Australian league was the New South Wales Premiership with the best Queenslanders all playing in that league and selection for the interstate games was based on where they lived/“residency” (therefore they couldn’t play for Queensland).

People started to call for selection based on where players were from/“origin” instead of residency because the all-time record after 222 games was standing at 160 wins for NSW, 8 draws, and just 54 wins for QLD, and only 4 wins for QLD in the entire 1970s, and interest in the games were starting to wane.

So Game 3 of the 1980 interstate series was based on origin, and despite the nation (especially everyone from NSW) believing that NSW would still end up winning; QLD won. They did the same for Game 3 in 1981, and QLD won again. In 1982 they made the entire series “Origin” (which has stood ever since), and QLD won again. Then again in 1984, 1987, 88, 89 and 91.

The Origin series record stands at:
40 series Played
22 wins for QLD
16 wins for NSW
with 8 series drawn

The Origin games record stands at:
117 games Played
62 wins for QLD
53 wins for NSW
2 draws

There have only been seven 3-0 series wins in 40 years, and today it’s another Game 3 decider.

Also, the teams play in City’s home and away colours so it’s very aesthetically pleasing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of tries at Wigan, mostly for French, none for Hull.

Saints monumental vs Huddersfield - 0-0 when Matautia was sent off early on (didn't do a great deal, but crossed a red line on handling potentially injured players), Hopoate out of the game after 3 minutes, and then nilled the Giants, even winning the last 9 minutes 7-0 when they had 11 vs 13.
Probably lose to Wakefield next week now. Oh, and I bet the talk of the fans was about the ref!

Lots of tries at Wigan, mostly for French, none for Hull.

Saints monumental vs Huddersfield - 0-0 when Matautia was sent off early on (didn't do a great deal, but crossed a red line on handling potentially injured players), Hopoate out of the game after 3 minutes, and then nilled the Giants, even winning the last 9 minutes 7-0 when they had 11 vs 13.
Probably lose to Wakefield next week now. Oh, and I bet the talk of the fans was about the ref!
Saints are just far too good for anyone in Super League. I didn't watch any of it but it looks like they breezed to a win with the man disadvantage against one of the form teams in the league.

Bevan French channelling his inner Brian Bevan.

Saints are just far too good for anyone in Super League. I didn't watch any of it but it looks like they breezed to a win with the man disadvantage against one of the form teams in the league.
I watched it. Saints were as they usually are but Huddersfield were absolutely woeful. Their decision making was wrong on nearly every set they had.

I think they’re in a false position in the league, they’ve just had a good run of form this season and are well coached.

Saints are the best team but as Catalans and Wigan have showed in the last few weeks, I don’t think the gap between those three are as big as it was in previous seasons.

I watched it. Saints were as they usually are but Huddersfield were absolutely woeful. Their decision making was wrong on nearly every set they had.

I think they’re in a false position in the league, they’ve just had a good run of form this season and are well coached.

Saints are the best team but as Catalans and Wigan have showed in the last few weeks, I don’t think the gap between those three are as big as it was in previous seasons.

I think much of that is fair - Huddersfield were curiously inoffensive and seemed to lose belief at half time. Their coach was right about the second half being poor, but they weren't given the chance - they got to or over the line a few times only to get done (the one where Lomax knocked the ball free was ridiculous).

Not sure about Catalans this season, not seen too much of them though.

Saints are brilliant but dominate in an era when the game is in serious decline. It’s not Saints fault, who are a fantastic team and would be in any era.

Dwindling crowds and mismanagement by the RFL are damaging the game as a spectacle. There’s no allowance made by disciplinary committees for big hitting players have played all their careers. Yes player safety is paramount but officiating of the game has changed too much too soon IMHO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.