2022 Rugby League World Cup Final(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I really cannot see how this cannot pose a risk of injury!

Especially as the top half of Atkins body is also being gripped in a headlock at the same time!

I'm absolutely dismayed at this, and seriously considering if it's worth spending my hard-earned on in the future!

I certainly won't be attending any of the World Cup, or any other RL showcase games from now on until there's an overhaul at the top level.

I'll say no more on the matter for the sake of my blood pressure!

I don't pay a lot of attention to what goes on in the disciplinary panel as much of it relates to things not in highlights programmes.
Not sure I trust IMG to do anything that isn't related to moneymaking. Could you explain what their input to rugby league is going to be?
It’s all about making money mate. I haven’t got the terms of reference. The response to the RFLs tweet from fans across the game (outside St Helens) shows there is zero confidence in tue disciplinary process.

I didn’t even know you could appeal an appeal decision and don’t blam Saints for trying it on. It’s the RFL who’ve damaged their credibility.

Cry all you want. Your player cheated and made it more than what is was.
The sort of response I’d expect from bin dippers.

I’ve got no qualms about Saints appealing and I assume the RFL would have allowed a third or fourth appeal until Knowles could play. Good luck to the lad for getting away with one.

Btw thst might be natural movement for a police arrest but it was a blatant offence on a rugby pitch.

It’s all about making money mate. I haven’t got the terms of reference. The response to the RFLs tweet from fans across the game (outside St Helens) shows there is zero confidence in tue disciplinary process.

I didn’t even know you could appeal an appeal decision and don’t blam Saints for trying it on. It’s the RFL who’ve damaged their credibility.

ta.

Yeah, it's a mess - how much is to do with it not having come up before is unclear. The RFL have made the mess.

As you say, you'd expect Saints to try everything, but it just seems all wrong - the act itself just looks like a ban there and then. Knowles needs to sort himself out - he's had a lot of charges recently, I think.

We had a sports scientist with us for the second appeal. He pointed out that when the injured player got up he drank from that arm and passed left soon after suggesting no injury. As salford scored from that set it fell into sin bin sufficient category. They also took footage from an incident involving Harry Smith from round 10 doing the same with no punishment.
The appeal has been won based upon the fact that we could disprove the original charge. Because it was deemed as a movement which caused 'unacceptable risk of injury' as soon as we could show that there was no risk of injury due to the arm not being moved out of a normal range of motion then there couldn't be any sentencing brought against Knowles. This was supported by medical evidence.
The disciplinary brought an inaccurate charge initially as it was factually incorrect. As the tribunal can only downgrade a charge, not retrospectively change it, the sentence had to be thrown out. Knowles could have been banned, if he'd been charged with the right thing. The tribunal had no choice but to throw it out.
The outcome of the attempt should not in any way determine the outcome of the charge. Whether a player is injured off the back of it or not is irrelevant.

Think this is an odd decision by disciplinary.

but it was a blatant offence on a rugby pitch.
Yes I don't disagree but he was punished on the pitch with a sin bin, players shouldn't be punished twice.
The whole disciplinary procedure is farcical at the moment and needs a total overhaul. The disciplinary should only get involved for red cards and any incidents the ref misses in a game.

Prob one to pick up post grand finals here and down under, but interesting developments in Oz with some top players choosing to represent heritage nations rather than Australia.

I follow a few NRL news sites and they’re up in arms about Suaalii choosing Samoa and the implications for Origin.

Prob one to pick up post grand finals here and down under, but interesting developments in Oz with some top players choosing to represent heritage nations rather than Australia.

I follow a few NRL news sites and they’re up in arms about Suaalii choosing Samoa and the implications for Origin.

Don’t tell FantasyIreland, the unpatriotic twat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.