2022 Rugby League World Cup Final(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Step up in class for the winners. It will be tough for either side to stay up.

I work with a Swinton fan and he was explaining the confusing format where certain teams get a 2nd chance due to league position.

Doncaster now have a 2nd chance after losing to Swinton, so could play them again in the final !

Not a surprise that Saints are appealing the ban against Knowles in the hope he can play in the final. I'm not convinced there is much justification though - it looked very deliberate and clearly dangerous.

The Makinson sinbinning was clear. Can the TMO give penalty tries? Presumably it was touch and go to the onfield ref. How long before the end was it?

I only saw the highlights of the matches - very pleased Leeds beat Wigan, and a bit surprised too. Leeds must fancy their chances on current form.

Not a surprise that Saints are appealing the ban against Knowles in the hope he can play in the final. I'm not convinced there is much justification though - it looked very deliberate and clearly dangerous.

The Makinson sinbinning was clear. Can the TMO give penalty tries? Presumably it was touch and go to the onfield ref. How long before the end was it?

I only saw the highlights of the matches - very pleased Leeds beat Wigan, and a bit surprised too. Leeds must fancy their chances on current form.
The Makinson non penalty try was about 5 mins before the end. It looked a certain try but Salford were Kendalled. I’m not sure the video ref could overrule the onfield decision though.

Saints are a brilliant team and will be strong favourites. They were fast off the line in defence and Leeds are very depleted on the winge. That restricts options for outmanoeuvring Saints and their blitz defence.

Leeds have a fighting chance with the form they are in and Walmsley & Knowles out. I think it would take the Rhinos to have the game of their lives to win this. Come on Leeds.

Last edited:
The Makinson non penalty try was about 5 mins before the end. It looked a certain try but Salford were Kendalled. I’m not sure the video ref could overrule the infield decision though.

Saints are a brilliant team and will be strong favourites. They were fast off the line in defence and Leeds are very depleted on the winge that restricts options for outmanoeuvring Saints. Leeds have a fighting chance with the form they are in and Walmsley out. I think it would take the Rhinos to have the game of their lives to win this. Come on Leeds.

I didn't pick up the ref, but not many actually seem willing to make decisions. 5 minutes would definitely have given them a crack at a tie. From the highlights (non-exhaustive) I thought Salford had a better than even chance of diving on the ball in play.

Leeds have got crocks too, have they? I would assume their reserves are a bit below what Saints seem to produce. If Knowles is out, Lees and LMS (how is he still going!) will have a lot to do, and Percival coming back in is a big bonus for Saints.

I want Saints to win, but if Leeds do it, it's some achievement. At least it's not Wigan!

I didn't pick up the ref, but not many actually seem willing to make decisions. 5 minutes would definitely have given them a crack at a tie. From the highlights (non-exhaustive) I thought Salford had a better than even chance of diving on the ball in play.

Leeds have got crocks too, have they? I would assume their reserves are a bit below what Saints seem to produce. If Knowles is out, Lees and LMS (how is he still going!) will have a lot to do, and Percival coming back in is a big bonus for Saints.

I want Saints to win, but if Leeds do it, it's some achievement. At least it's not Wigan!
Yes, it should have been a penalty try for me but Saints were the better team overall and may well have held on. Yes they have strength in depth in the pack including LMS. Had Walmsley been fit it would be just a case of by how many and it might still be with Percival back and Welsby on top of his fame.

Leeds have their first choice wingers out (Hanley and Fusitua), Seizer out at half back and Gannon (both to head injuries / concussion protocol). Harry Newman out at cebtre is arguably the biggest loss but he was injured before the crunch play off games.

I think it will Briscoe and Hardaker or Tindall on the wings. Martin’s is back and can fill in at second row / loose forward. I’m not sure how Seizer will be covered. Maybe it will be by Myker with, Hardajer at fullback and Tindall on the wing.

Last edited:
Yes, it should have been a penalty try for me but Saints were the better team overall and may well have held on. Yes they have strength in depth in the pack including LMS. Had Walmart been fit it would be just a case of by how many and it might still be with Percival back and Welsby on top of his fame.

Leeds have their first choice wingers out (Hanley and Fusitua), Seizer out at half back and Gannon (both to head injuries / concussion protocol). Harry Newman out at cebtre is arguably the biggest loss but he was injured before the crunch play off games.

I think it will Briscoe and Hardaker or Tindall on the wings. Martin’s is back and can fill in at second row / loose forward. I’m not sure how Seizer will be covered. Maybe it will be by Myker with, Hardajer at fullback and Tindall on the wing.
I don’t think the Salford lad would have got to the ball and the referee must be certain he would have. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of that though, the Salford coach didn’t blame anything on that decision, and that made a refreshing change from the whining that would have followed a similarly contentious decision in football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.