2022 Rugby League World Cup Final(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Prob one to pick up post grand finals here and down under, but interesting developments in Oz with some top players choosing to represent heritage nations rather than Australia.

I follow a few NRL news sites and they’re up in arms about Suaalii choosing Samoa and the implications for Origin.
Should bring more spice to the groups stage. Tonga were great at the last World Cup and have beaten England NewZealand and Australia in test matches since, and Samoa have a great side this time round and are in England’s group.

Will make for a much better World Cup.

I really cannot see how this cannot pose a risk of injury!

Especially as the top half of Atkins body is also being gripped in a headlock at the same time!

I'm absolutely dismayed at this, and seriously considering if it's worth spending my hard-earned on in the future!

I certainly won't be attending any of the World Cup, or any other RL showcase games from now on until there's an overhaul at the top level.

I'll say no more on the matter for the sake of my blood pressure!

At the time of the incident the ref saw it as a professional foul, our own fans saw it as a profession foul, the challenge was successful by way of a contradiction and the disciplinary judge had to amend the incident to professional foul status.

Something had to be done to expose the excessive amount of bans from the disciplinary, that in itself was damaging the game in itself. If it means the disciplinary process will be changed and if saints takes the flak then so be it.

Loads of Australians play for other countries in the RLWC since they expanded it in 1995 and made it into real tounement. Tonga had a loads of Kiwis, then Ireland in 2000 was packed with Aussies. Most just want to experience a world cup.

Should bring more spice to the groups stage. Tonga were great at the last World Cup and have beaten England NewZealand and Australia in test matches since, and Samoa have a great side this time round and are in England’s group.

Will make for a much better World Cup.

Yep I agree. Seems to me like the Aussies are bent out of shape that genuine superstars are choosing not to play for them, rather than players coming to the end of their careers.

Not sure it helps us much tho - think our opening game is against Samoa and I’d have them as favourites.

Yep I agree. Seems to me like the Aussies are bent out of shape that genuine superstars are choosing not to play for them, rather than players coming to the end of their careers.

Not sure it helps us much tho - think our opening game is against Samoa and I’d have them as favourites.
Looking at their squad, you could argue it’s as good as Tonga’s. Gives a bit of fire in the belly about that opening game!

Predicted Samoa squad​

1 Joseph Suaalii
2 Brian To’o
3 Stephen Crichton
4 Izack Tago
5 Taylan May
6 Jarome Luai
7 Anthony Milford
8 Josh Aloiai
9 Erin Clark
10 Josh Papalii
11 Kelma Tuilagi
12 Jaydn Su’A
13 Raymond Faitala-Mariner
14 Fa’amanu Brown
15 Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
16 Junior Paulo
17 Marty Taupau
18 Chanel Harris-Tevita
19 Murray Taulagi
20 Mason Lino
21 Charlie Staines
22 David Nofoaluma
23 Braden Hamlin-Uele
24 Royce Hunt

Loads of Australians play for other countries in the RLWC since they expanded it in 1995 and made it into real tounement. Tonga had a loads of Kiwis, then Ireland in 2000 was packed with Aussies. Most just want to experience a world cup.

I remember Lebanon being almost all Australians.

At the time of the incident the ref saw it as a professional foul, our own fans saw it as a profession foul, the challenge was successful by way of a contradiction and the disciplinary judge had to amend the incident to professional foul status.

Something had to be done to expose the excessive amount of bans from the disciplinary, that in itself was damaging the game in itself. If it means the disciplinary process will be changed and if saints takes the flak then so be it.
I think the best thing to humiliate the RFL would be a Rhinos win. I can’t see it but stranger things have happened.

No issue with Saints appealing and winning it, especially if the process is so dodgy. Morgan is a great player but no hero (in this case) and has just got away with one.

The officials treat Saints like it’s old school RL. No probs with that if the rules are applied equally across the League.

I think IMG will insist that the RFL start to appreciated the traditional powerhouses of the game, including Wigan and Leeds.

Just watched the North Queensland v Parramatta semifinal game back… fucking hell, going right to the final seconds, what a game!

Penrith v Souths at 10:50 tomorrow morning, on Sky Sports Mix.

Last edited by a moderator:

Should be a cracking game against Samoa. We will do very well to win that game.

I think the best thing to humiliate the RFL would be a Rhinos win. I can’t see it but stranger things have happened.

No issue with Saints appealing and winning it, especially if the process is so dodgy. Morgan is a great player but no hero (in this case) and has just got away with one.

The officials treat Saints like it’s old school RL. No probs with that if the rules are applied equally across the League.

I think IMG will insist that the RFL start to appreciated the traditional powerhouses of the game, including Wigan and Leeds.
Everything about that just screams bitter and twisted. C'mon fella you're better than that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.