2022 Rugby League World Cup Final(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Got to tip your hat to Saints. 4 on the bounce is something else. Just hope we can emulate them and win 4 league titles on the spin and make history. Can’t imagine we’d get any praise though from the haters.

This is a very high quality team, Saints have got.

Their opposition around the top of SL aren’t as good as what we’ve seen in previous decades though. There were 5 excellent teams ten years ago, there’s only really one excellent team at the moment.

I think what Leeds did early last decade when there were very good Wigan Wire Saints sides, and even Huddersfield who had a cracking side and won the LLS, was probably better than this Saints winning four in a row against a couple of fairly average sides compared to some other GF teams over the years.

But they are miles ahead of the rest at the moment and I can only see them doing 5 in a row to be honest.

Leeds have been superb since Smith arrived as coach. From bottom to the championship final. Well done.

I’d love to get the Etihad expanded and nab the Grand Final off Old Trafford.

I think if we wanted it, it wouldn’t just be the stadium that would decide it though. There are bloody loads of pubs and bars and places to eat, as well as much much better transport links, around Old Trafford and Salford Quays and not much going on at all around the Etihad which could hinder the decision to change the venue.

I’m not sure how much these modern part grass/ part artificial pitches would be affected by one game of rugby but it is well documented that Ferguson hated the Grand Final being played at Old Trafford, due to the damage they did to the pitch.

I’m also not sure whether City lost interest in the Magic Weekend after it had to be moved due to the building of the third tier of the South Stand, after three successful seasons there? The talk at the time was it would probably be moved back after the work was complete. But it never seems to have been mentioned again since.

Good to see a Lancashire club win it. Hope we get the same tomorrow in the play-off.

I was listening to the radio coverage on 5Live earlier when making the tea. The commentator - can't remember who - was describing Hurrell's try - how he used his power and his frame to get across the line despite having 3 Rhino's players hanging off him. The co-commentator chipped in and said - yes Hurrell was immense, being hauled down then like a T-Rex his arm emerged to plant the ball.

At that point I nearly PMSL - yes I get the idea that he wanted to describe power but that was the worst description.... I mean T-Rex's have tiny arms - I could imagine " you won't hold me down guys..... I am powerful..... like a T-Rex.... there you go ......oh shit I have the power but not the reach" ha ha ha ha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.