2022 Rugby League World Cup Final(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Isn't Warrington that team that 'would win everything' according to their fans after cheating the salary cap system to sign Williams?
Not worked out well for you has it?
Embarrassing team and fans.

Isn't Warrington that team that 'would win everything' according to their fans after cheating the salary cap system to sign Williams?
Not worked out well for you has it?
Embarrassing team and fans.
No Wire fan said that, and Wire haven’t cheated anything neither. What a sad sad post haha. Little Wire always on the minds of the redshirts (sound familiar to another sport?!). I don’t know why Saints and Wigan fans always make up things Wire fans supposedly say. I suppose, it’s just like United and Liverpool fans, they’re just so insecure that they have to belittle City to feel that extra sense of superiority. What is it that makes fans of redshirt clubs so insecure?

In fact, if you actually got off Saints/Wigan Twitter comments sections and actually listened to Wire fans, most would tell you the same thing we’ve all been saying for about five years; “we won’t win anything with this pack”.

Nothing works out after less than ten games of a new season anyway. Wire’s pack has been lacking over three coaches now and is not being addressed. But I do think Powell will understand this as the main thing I always thought he had at Cas was a strong competitive pack. Give Powell a couple of years to build the team he wants - with a proper pack - and we’ll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this during the first game of the season but now I'm not so sure...

Can't even see Warrington winning the championship next season!
We won’t be in a relegation scrap mate, but we’ll be comfortably mid-table/bottom half.

I did say it will be a free hit for Powell this season, but defence is a worry. But even if he sorts the defence out (the same players were excellent in defence under Price), we still simply do not have the pack todo anything.

We won’t be in a relegation scrap mate, but we’ll be comfortably mid-table/bottom half.

I did say it will be a free hit for Powell this season, but defence is a worry. But even if he sorts the defence out (the same players were excellent in defence under Price), we still simply do not have the pack todo anything.
Yeah joking aside it'll probably be Toulouse getting relegated but it's worrying when you look at where Leeds are in the table, considering they dominated us for the majority of the match first game of the season (with a man disadvantage as well)

No Wire fan said that, and Wire haven’t cheated anything neither. What a sad sad post haha. Little Wire always on the minds of the redshirts (sound familiar to another sport?!). I don’t know why Saints and Wigan fans always make up things Wire fans supposedly say. I suppose, it’s just like United and Liverpool fans, they’re just so insecure that they have to belittle City to feel that extra sense of superiority. What is it that makes fans of redshirt clubs so insecure?

In fact, if you actually got off Saints/Wigan Twitter comments sections and actually listened to Wire fans, most would tell you the same thing we’ve all been saying for about five years; “we won’t win anything with this pack”.

Nothing works out after less than ten games of a new season anyway. Wire’s pack has been lacking over three coaches now and is not being addressed. But I do think Powell will understand this as the main thing I always thought he had at Cas was a strong competitive pack. Give Powell a couple of years to build the team he wants - with a proper pack - and we’ll be fine.
Love the rant. Not going to change the fact that your 'new era' thinks they should win everything.
You bent the rules to get Williams and I'm glad it's got you nowhere

Love the rant. Not going to change the fact that your 'new era' thinks they should win everything.
You bent the rules to get Williams and I'm glad it's got you nowhere
I don’t know a single Wire who thinks we should be or will be winning everything. Like I said, if you actually talk to us and see what we think instead of making up what we say to fit your juvenile bantz narratives, you’ll realise we don’t think like that at all.

And the Williams thing is a daft petty typical inward looking rugby league cliche of a thing to say with absolutely no proof or basis in reality. The fact that you’ve gone from saying we “cheated the salary cap system” to then saying “you bent the rules” says it all. You’ve downgraded your accusation in just one post. It’s like listening to United and Liverpool fans talk about City and FFP.

So, go on, show me the proof that Wire have cheated - oh sorry it’s changed now hasn’t it? - , bent, the rules over signing Williams… and what is our punishment going to be from the RFL?

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Welshman i'm obviously a union man but enjoy watching league too.
I've just looked up the Championship table out of curosity & fuck me, it's like a who's who of famous old rugby league clubs.
When a club gains promotion to the top division, do they tend to get relegated quite quickly or do they stay up sometimes ?
The reason i ask this is because i've always had a soft spot for Widnes & wondered how they were doing now

I've just looked up the Championship table out of curosity & fuck me, it's like a who's who of famous old rugby league clubs.
When a club gains promotion to the top division, do they tend to get relegated quite quickly or do they stay up sometimes ?
The reason i ask this is because i've always had a soft spot for Widnes & wondered how they were doing now
Widnes unlikely to get promoted this year, however North Wales Crusaders are looking to have a season like they had in 2013 and get promoted from Div 1 to the Championship.

They are playing at Colwyn Bay this season, a good day out for visiting fans.

We didn’t have promotion/relegation for a long time. It was a licensing system where you had to pass a number of areas to remain a Super League club. A few Championship clubs applied for SL over the years but none were awarded a license.

Catalans benefitted from this massively as they finished down the bottom a few times in the license era but they steadily built and are now a good SL club won the Challenge Cup in 2018, won the League Leaders Shield last season and got to the Grand Final last season. They’re doing very well but almost certainly wouldn’t have had relegation been a thing throughout the years.

Since scrapping the license system, we’ve had various guises of promotion/relegation. We’ve had “Million Pound Game”s between bottom of SL and top of the Championship, we’ve had play-offs that bring the bottom third of the SL into an end of season comp against the top third of the with the middle two clubs playing the MPG.

Now we have straight promotion/relegation back and both Leigh and London have spent a year at a time up in SL and then gone straight back down. This season Toulouse are up and look good, but will likely finish bottom and go straight back down. They aren’t afforded the same benefit that Catalans were in their formative SL years.

In modern promotion/relegation, Hull KR have been the one club who’ve gained promotion and sustained it to become a decent SL club.

I reckon Fev will come up this season, they’ve got Brian McDermott as coach, not many better than him.

Fev will come up this season, they’ve got Brian McDermott as coach, not many better than him.
Leigh for me and once Koukash gets on board think they'll stay in Super League for quite a while.
Also, if there's any truth in the rumour that Warrington have offered over £100,000 for Blake Ferguson, a 31 year old coke head, then your board are just taking the proverbial piss out of the fans.
You need a pack, not so called superstar signings

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.