2022 World Cup Discussion

So FIFA have announced that clubs of players going to the WC will receive $10K for every day they are at the tournament, starting today. And its paid for any players that have been registered to the club in the past two years.
So I think we have 16 current players plus Sterling and Jesus going to the WC. On some very rough maths we should earn upwards of $2.8M just for the group stages!!!!!

So FIFA have announced that clubs of players going to the WC will receive $10K for every day they are at the tournament, starting today. And its paid for any players that have been registered to the club in the past two years.
So I think we have 16 current players plus Sterling and Jesus going to the WC. On some very rough maths we should earn upwards of $2.8M just for the group stages!!!!!
It doesn't make sense for them to pay it based on players who're no longer at those clubs though. How strange.
I bet that's game-changing money for clubs in less affluent leagues like Scotland.

The FIFA rankings are generally a lot better indication of a teams ability than a lot of people give them credit for.

I imagine it’s tricky to weight Asian teams results though as they rarely play anybody outside of their own federation in between World Cups.

Iran for example have played only one European team since the last World Cup. They beat Bosnia. They’re also only played one South American side and beat Uruguay. In that last World Cup they beat Morocco, drew with Portugal and lost narrowly, 1-0 to Spain.

Anybody assuming they’ll be shit, just because Iran sound like a country that will be shit, might be in for a bit of a surprise.

From Twitter:

A reminder that David Beckham, who initially said he was "disgusted" by Qatar winning the 2022 World Cup hosting rights, now has a $277 MILLION ambassador deal with Qatar.

It's truly odd how little his reputation has suffered from this craven hypocrisy
Could have had Sheringham for much less.

From Twitter:

A reminder that David Beckham, who initially said he was "disgusted" by Qatar winning the 2022 World Cup hosting rights, now has a $277 MILLION ambassador deal with Qatar.

It's truly odd how little his reputation has suffered from this craven hypocrisy
I think everyone accepted a very long time ago that Beckham has no morals and so no one is that fussed. However the likes of Neville doing a u-turn and taking the cash is worthy of a discussion.

I'm looking forward to it. It's the World Cup, and I love the World Cup; three weeks of binging on football. Sandwiched between the club season isn't ideal, but every big club is inconvenienced with it; we should cope.

Those moaning about human rights will be the same dense individuals who tune in to watch regardless, and jet off to Dubai next summer with their partners to then plaster on the "gram", and gleefully watch the Abu Dhabi grand prix without a hint of self-awareness, and walk round with phones in their pockets that are ostensibly produced under slave labour conditions. The world is a f****d up place, regrettably. Thousands turning their TVs off during the World Cup isn't going to change that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.