2022 World Cup Discussion

A preening twat who expects the world to revolve around him?

I think they'll be home with Engerland after a week
Lots of firepower, durable and Bernardo, Ronaldo will just win free kicks and be off after an hour of each game.

Lots of firepower, durable and Bernardo, Ronaldo will just win free kicks and be off after an hour of each game.

There's always a team that comes through the playoffs and has a good tournament. Portugal remind me of Pakistan in the cricket. Somehow, they always make the latter stages despite playing shite and being pretty much out at one point. They won Euro 2016 having drawn all three group games and then winning in ET or on pens in every knockout iirc! I can't see them winning it though.

The Dutch have a strong squad of hardworking players with a good balance of youth and experience and I think they'll be one of the better European teams alongside Spain and England (yep I said it). Argentina or Brazil should win it. On paper I'd say Brazil, but I think the Messi factor means Argentina will take the glory. Would love for England to beat them in the final though.

Portugal at 14/1 is the bet, got everything needed.
I agree, their chances are underrated:

Diogo Costa

Cancelo (Dalot) Dias Pepe/Antonio Silva Mendes/Guerreiro

Bruno (Nunes) Vitinha/Ruben Neves Bernardo Silva

Felix Ronaldo (Andre Silva) Leao

Actually one may say that Ronaldo is a weak link there, at least this season he is genuinely miles off it and I really do not believe their coach has a balls to make it right, but for me on paper Portugal > Spain for instance.

I agree, their chances are underrated:

Diogo Costa

Cancelo (Dalot) Dias Pepe/Antonio Silva Mendes/Guerreiro

Bruno (Nunes) Vitinha/Ruben Neves Bernardo Silva

Felix Ronaldo (Andre Silva) Leao

Actually one may say that Ronaldo is a weak link there, at least this season he is genuinely miles off it and I really do not believe their coach has a balls to make it right, but for me on paper Portugal > Spain for instance.
Yeah, but Ronaldo for Portugal will be like Bale for Wales. Shite for his club but he'll turn up in the tournament (to score a penalty and take all the credit). Let's face it, even at the latter stages of the World Cup, international football is a level below the top leagues.

Portugal at 14/1 is the bet, got everything needed.
Ronaldo will cost them their chance. Given Portugal have a very handy forward line without him, he should have had the grace to retire but we all know its all about him. Portugal manager won't even be allowed to sub him off unless they're coasting, they'll be playing with 10 men every game.

So FIFA have announced that clubs of players going to the WC will receive $10K for every day they are at the tournament, starting today. And its paid for any players that have been registered to the club in the past two years.
So I think we have 16 current players plus Sterling and Jesus going to the WC. On some very rough maths we should earn upwards of $2.8M just for the group stages!!!!!
Sounds good, but that's $70k a week. I'd venture to say that wouldn't cover the wages of a single one of our World Cup players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.