21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He felt like a bit of a weak point defensively to me, particularly in the air which I kind of expected given his size, but he’s only going to get better. I would say he is further ahead of Zinchenko when he first joined us and then look how good he became. I’m sure he’ll be a great addition.

That’s the only weakness I saw last night.

Think a back five of

Cancelo_stones_Dias_Ake_Gomez

The long high balls can then be dealt with Ake who is great in the air or stones ! Think I’d play a back five against spurs because they always open us up on the break down out wide..

You can play Akanji or Laporte when back in that back three two

I thought that there were some promising signs last night, against a week opposition its hard to say where is right now. His defending was good and put in some nice crosses, there's a lot to like about him.

Did alright againts a poor Sevilla side in a slow-paced UCL tie, I'm not convinced from what I've seen so far, defensively looks average, physically v.small too,

if you are fishing fair play if you are not then you really need help.

Thought he looked (understandably) nervous at the start but really grew into the game and in the second half was really impressive

I Did and id be suprised if he spends more than two seasons at City.
Zinchenko spent five years in our first-team squad, which few would have predicted, and while Gomez is 4 cm shorter, I think he’ll be with the squad for a few years yet. It may be that he doesn’t end up at left back but I think he has a higher ceiling than most might credit and our management will help him get there.

That’s the only weakness I saw last night.

Think a back five of

Cancelo_stones_Dias_Ake_Gomez

The long high balls can then be dealt with Ake who is great in the air or stones ! Think I’d play a back five against spurs because they always open us up on the break down out wide..

You can play Akanji or Laporte when back in that back three two
The problem with playing a back three against Spurs is that Kane will just drop deep and then you’re left with three central defenders marking nobody while Kane plays in between Rodri and the back line

The problem with playing a back three against Spurs is that Kane will just drop deep and then you’re left with three central defenders marking nobody while Kane plays in between Rodri and the back line

Its more attacking system everyone pushed up in the opponents half and when they break its usually a ball to Kane or Son which three centre backs have them marking them and we still have a spare man to cover! Anyway it’s just the team I’d like I know Pep won’t be playing that team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.