21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

google translated from a spanish-speaking scouty-type twitter site:

Curious the evolution of Sergio Gómez as a player. MVP of the 2019 U19 European Championship as a midfielder in a very foreign Spain (Ferran and Bryan Gil open), accumulating the entire game inside, hooking and dynamizing possessions with quick touches.
He did not find a place in professional football there, and after a couple of seasons without a clear direction, Kompany invented him as a very long winger at Anderlecht, who generated a lot from reaching the baseline and putting good crosses through his hitting.
Now Guardiola has signed him for his Manchester City, and yesterday at Pizjuán he played very correctly as a low and internal side. Patient building, beating lines with vertical passes, vision to connect with distant ones... we'll see how it develops.

Honestly think he'll fit like a glove with how we play in possession and he's only going to get more consistent with experience.

The problem I think he'll have is that he's not a £50m+ superstar and there won't be anywhere near as much pressure to play him and keep him happy as there is with others.

It will be interesting to see how his City career develops because I really like the look of him.

Looked like having an even smaller, more technical and quicker zinch at left back. Almost like having David Silva play there lol. Hel have to stay behind after each training to practice defending the ball over the top

While maybe a little shaky at times on defense, he had a good game. A couple filthy crosses in there too. Curious to see how he carries himself against a stronger attack. He is a great combo with Jack on that left side.

Zinchenko spent five years in our first-team squad, which few would have predicted, and while Gomez is 4 cm shorter, I think he’ll be with the squad for a few years yet. It may be that he doesn’t end up at left back but I think he has a higher ceiling than most might credit and our management will help him get there.
I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but he just doesn't impress imo and that's how I felt about Angelino and Ferran Torres.

He was good last night.
Also want to give some credits to Bernado Grealish Rodri and Dias. Especially Bernado and Grealish. They helped the new teammate a lot to get him settling in. Bernado is an angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.