21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of small positional mistakes mixed in with an assist and some good all round play

The lads been with us a couple of months, it's a massive step up in quality, and anyone with half a brain will give him at least a season to see how he improves

Unfortunately, it seems those are few and far between on here tonight
Tbf he’s given it away many times unnecessarily and made many rookie errors. Against United when he came on at ht there were many basic mistakes you can’t tolerate in this team.

Yes definitely give him a year and see what Pep can do. I think he’ll be a useful squad player chipping in over the next 2-3 years. Can’t fault his attitude.

But he ain’t a defender and it’s criminal that he is supposedly our long-awaited solution to the left back problem.

Hahaha this lad has been almost faultless in his cameos so far, and the minute he makes a mistake the clowns jump on him

Give it a rest the lot of you, upset because things haven't gone perfectly for the first time in a few weeks

I don't see all the criticism you are referring to. You make it sound like there has a pile-on.

As far as I can see, I was the only one who criticised him. I simply criticised one action (him pulling back an opposition player when he was last man). Referring to this as 'idiotic', which it was in my opinion, is hardly jumping on him. If Foden, Alvarez or Palmer, all young players, had made the same mistake, it would still have been 'idiotic'.

Saying that, he looks quite good to me. Clearly has ability and he plays under the best coach in the world, so I think we can be confident that, at the very least, he will be a capable option/back-up.

He saw a goal scoring opportunity and stopped it. I’ve seen nothing else to slate him for. Got a big transfer and has settled into the first team squad which with city is pretty impressive. More pep is what he needs.

Left back is a tricky position full stop in the world of football at the minute, there’s maybe three that you’d put straight in the team quality wise in Nuno Mendes, Ferland Mendy and Theo Hernandez (could argue all day he’s not an ‘out and out’ fullback either)

I’m not saying we can’t sign anybody else and improve them obviously, but Gomez is just 22 and for what it’s worth he’s doing/done no worse than Cucerella so far (isn’t that name a blast from the past) but for £55m less.

As long as he doesn't exceed Kompany's red card record than I am fine :)

I am glad he made a mistake today so he will learn and be careful later when any mistake might cost us a trohpy.

Sergio Gomes is a strange one for me. We do desperately needed a full back this summer and with Zinchenko leaving I think we actually needed to sign two.

It was bizarre to see people in the transfer thread over the summer actually arguing that city didn’t need to sign defensive players when you consider the injury problems of so many of our back line.

Unfortunately Sergio stands out as being a level below all of our players. He had a very good game in the previous home game against Copenhagen but every other appearance he has been shaky. The lad has a great cross on him but defensively and in possession generally he stands out for me.

It reminds a bit of when we brought Angelino back and it was soon decided that he wasn’t good enough for us. Personally from what I’ve seen so far he doesn’t look as good a player as Angelino so I struggle to see his long term future being at the club.

That being said he is young, in a new country, and it is a huge step up for him. Hope we it works out but like Ferran Torres before him I just don’t see it.

Tbf he’s given it away many times unnecessarily and made many rookie errors. Against United when he came on at ht there were many basic mistakes you can’t tolerate in this team.

Yes definitely give him a year and see what Pep can do. I think he’ll be a useful squad player chipping in over the next 2-3 years. Can’t fault his attitude.

But he ain’t a defender and it’s criminal that he is supposedly our long-awaited solution to the left back problem.
Who has said he's the long awaited solution to the LB position? He's a kid doing whatever the club asks him to. What's criminal is you literally making shit up to suit your agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.